The CEH Master is the next evolution for the world-renowned Certified Ethical Hacker certification. This certification is the “next step” for those holding the prestigious CEH certification. Earning the CEH Master designation is your way of saying “I learned, I understood it, and proved it.” In order to earn the CEH Master designation, you must first successfully pass the ANSI Accredited Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) multiple-choice exam. Once you pass the ANSI exam, you must pass the Certified Ethical Hacker (Practical).
CEH Exam 1: The first CEH exam consists of 125 questions with a duration of 4 hours. This test format is all multiple choice and can be taken at a Certified Pearson Vue testing center.
CEH Exam 2: The second CEH exam (Practical) consists of 20 practical challenges that must be completed within a matter of 6 hours. The exam is mostly based on labs that test your ability to use specific ethical hacking towards various network systems including DMZ, Firewalls, etc. This exam has a passing score of about 70% but, do not let that scare you away from taking this exam. I have to mention that it is an open book exam that should give you the opportunity to use those 6 hours to come up with a solution for each lab module.
CEH Practical Expectations:
- Demonstrate the understanding of attack vectors.
- Perform network scanning to identify live and vulnerable machines in a network.
- Perform OS banner grabbing, service, and user enumeration.
- Perform system hacking, steganography, steganalysis attacks, and cover tracks.
- Identify and use viruses, computer worms, and malware to exploit systems.
- Perform packet sniffing.
- Conduct a variety of web server and web application attacks including directory traversal, parameter tampering, XSS, etc.
- Perform SQL injection attacks.
- Perform different types of cryptography attacks.
- Perform vulnerability analysis to identify security loopholes.
SecureNinja is an award-winning training and certification school, and SecureNinja has a proven track record of assisting Fortune 100, Government, and Military organizations. For more information on how SecureNinja can benefit you or your organization fill out the form to the right of this post or visit secureninja.com/contact.