SecureNinja's CompTIA A+ training and certification boot camp in Washington, DC prepares students with the latest skills needed by today’s computer support professionals. Upon class completion CompTIA A+ will confirm a technician’s ability to perform tasks such as installation, configuration, diagnosing, preventive maintenance and basic networking. A+ is an international, vendor-neutral certification recognized by major hardware and software vendors, distributors and resellers.
In order to receive CompTIA A+ certification, a candidate must pass two exams. The first exam is CompTIA A+ 220-1001 Certification Exam. The CompTIA A+ 220-901 examination measures necessary competencies for an entry-level IT professional with the equivalent knowledge of at least 12 months of hands-on experience in the lab, or in the field. Successful candidates will have the knowledge required to assemble components based on customer requirements, install, configure and maintain devices, PCs, and software for end users, understand the basics of networking and security/forensics, properly and safely diagnose, resolve and document common hardware and software issues while applying troubleshooting skills. Successful candidates will also provide appropriate customer support; understand the basics of virtualization, desktop imaging, and deployment.
The second exam is CompTIA A+ 220-1002 which covers installing and configuring operating systems such as Windows, IOS, Android, Apple OS X, and Linux. Students also learn about the fundamentals of cloud computing and operational procedures. Acquiring these skills are essential for anyone who is pursuing a path into any professional IT role. With these skills, users will be able to safely diagnose and resolve issues by applying common troubleshooting skills.
CompTIA A+ is ISO 17024 Accredited (Personnel Certification Accreditation) and, as such, undergoes regular reviews and updates to the exam objectives. The following CompTIA A+ exam objectives result from subject matter expert workshops and industry-wide survey results regarding the skills and knowledge required of an entry-level IT professional. The percentages in this document represent the relative importance of the subject areas (domains) in the associated body of knowledge, and together establish the foundation of an entry-level IT professional.
- CompTIA A+ 220-1001
- PC Hardware
- Cloud Computing
- Operational Procedures
- CompTIA A+ 220-1002
- Operating Systems
- Mobile Devices
- Motherboards, processors, RAM, and BIOS
- Power supplies and system cooling
- I/O, input ports, and devices
- Video displays and video cards
- Customized PCs
- Cloud computing
- Laptops and mobile devices
- Storage devices
- Installing and configuring operating systems such as Windows, IOS, Apple OS X and Linux
- Operational procedures and communications methods
A+ 220-1001 and 220-1002 exams
CompTIA A+ Complete Study Guide: Exam Core 1 220-1001 and Exam Core 2 220-1002 4th Edition
- CompTIA Network+
- Microsoft MCSA
- Microsoft MCSE
- Cisco CCNA Routing & Switching
Having end-users skills with Microsoft Windows is helpful.
Career Track & Roles
- Help Desk Technician
- Help Desk Administrator
- Remote Support Technician
- Backup Administrator
- Network Administrator
- Systems Administrator
- Systems Engineer
- Systems Architect
- Network Security Specialist
- Information Security Specialist
SecureNinja Training is the DC’s Area’s #1 Expert IT Training Center. We are conveniently located in beautiful Historic Old Town Alexandria, VA enhancing your training experience and featuring:
- Metro Accessibility - Short walk from Metro Blue/Yellow Line (leave the car behind)
- 4 minute Drive to Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport
- Available Parking
- World class restaurants and shops at your footsteps
- Closest Expert IT & IT Security Training Center to Fort Belvoir, Boiling AFB, Fort Myer, Department of Homeland Security, US Department of Navy, US Coast Guard, Fort McNair, Washington Navy Yard and the Pentagon
Why Choose SecureNinja for your Washington DC Expert IT Training?
- Expert Instructors
- Highest Pass Rates
- Choose from Day, Evening & Weekend Classes to meet your busy schedule
- Accelerated Boot Camps Save You Time And Money
- Personal 1-1 Mentoring
- Paid Internships & Job Referrals!
- Meet Your DoD 8570-1 Certification Needs. Get Compliant!
- Secure Ninja is the ONLY Testing Center that offers ALL 5 industry standard test vendors in the DC / Baltimore Metropolitan Area. ( VUE, Kryterion-Online, Certiport, and Impact-Testing)
- Lowest Prices! We are locally based keeping our overhead low so we can pass the savings along to you
- Washington, DC is our Home. Most training centers set up shop in hotels or rented centers. When you have a need, request or encounter a problem they are not there to answer. Our physical location in Alexandria is open 7 days a week and our staff always there to help.
|A+ Certification Training Classes Schedule|
|Aug. 05, 2019||Aug. 09, 2019||Columbia||Mon-Fri||OPEN||Bootcamp|
|Aug. 19, 2019||Aug. 23, 2019||Alexandria||Mon-Fri||OPEN||Bootcamp|
|Aug. 19, 2019||Aug. 23, 2019||Live Online||Mon-Fri||OPEN||Online|
|Sep. 30, 2019||Oct. 04, 2019||Dulles||Mon-Fri||OPEN||Bootcamp|
|Sep. 30, 2019||Oct. 04, 2019||Alexandria||Mon-Fri||OPEN||Bootcamp|
|Sep. 30, 2019||Oct. 04, 2019||Live Online||Mon-Fri||OPEN||Online|
|Oct. 05, 2019||Nov. 02, 2019||Alexandria||5 Saturdays||OPEN||Weekend|
|Oct. 05, 2019||Nov. 02, 2019||Live Online||5 Saturdays||OPEN||Online|
|Oct. 07, 2019||Oct. 11, 2019||San Diego||Mon-Fri||OPEN||Bootcamp|
|Oct. 28, 2019||Nov. 01, 2019||Alexandria||Mon-Fri||OPEN||Bootcamp|
|Oct. 28, 2019||Nov. 01, 2019||Live Online||Mon-Fri||OPEN||Online|
|Oct. 28, 2019||Nov. 01, 2019||Dulles||Mon-Fri||OPEN||Bootcamp|
|Dec. 02, 2019||Dec. 06, 2019||Columbia||Mon-Fri||OPEN||Bootcamp|
Not able to attend public scheduled classes? No problem, let us come to you to train your staff on-site on A+ Certification Training