Executive Briefing on Agile Software Development
Course Description and Overview
SecureNinja’s 2 hour briefing with cover Agile methods from the perspective of the business needs of the company. It focuses on the technical details of agility and the business motivations that revolve around it. These include the need for eliminating waste, understanding the business needs of the customer, how teams can coordinate their efforst. We will also cover Scrum practices, effective analysis with state of the art design and coding practices including refactoring, test-driven development, design patterns, the agility of integrating lean principles.
- Why Agile?
- Agile Benefits - including industry data, survey results and personal experience
- Agile Principles
- Agile Teams
- Main Path
- Team Level
- Across teams - horizontal as well as vertical communication
- Managers and Executives will:
- Understand Agile Practices and Principles
- Obtain valuable information from industry surveys identifying compelling Agile benefits realized by companies worldwide
- Gain insight into effective metrics for managing Agile team performance
- Dispel the myth that mid and long term planning are abandoned with Agile
- Appreciate how teams and management can build trust more quickly
- Discuss the transition from command and control to empower and inspire style of leadership
- Explore how to help teams to create a cadence that will enable them to succeed
- Understand tools and techniques for promoting transparency in communication at all levels
- Identify some of the common pitfalls Agile teams may encounter
- Learn from an instructor with day-to-day experience implementing agile practices across multiple organizations
- Glean knowledge of Agile team roles and where the Executive fits
- Empower and Inspire
- Remove Obstacles
- Measure Effectively
This seminar is intended for anyone who is concerned with making the software development process of their company both more efficient and effective including:
- Project Managers
- IT Manager/Directors
- Software Engineers
- Software Architects
SecureNinja Training is the DC’s Area’s #1 Expert IT Training Center . We are conveniently located in beautiful Historic Old Town Alexandria, VA enhancing your training experience and featuring:
- Metro Accessibility - Short walk from Metro Blue/Yellow Line (leave the car behind)
- 4 minute Drive to Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport
- Available Parking
- World class restaurants and shops at your footsteps
- Closest Expert IT & IT Security Training Center to Fort Belvoir, Boiling AFB, Fort Myer, Department of Homeland Security, US Department of Navy, US Coast Guard, Fort McNair, Washington Navy Yard and the Pentagon
Why Choose SecureNinja for your Washington DC Expert IT Training?
- Superior Expert Instructors
- 96.7% Pass Rate
- Small Class - No classroom overcrowding means more attention to you
- Choose from Day, Evening & Weekend Classes to meet your busy schedule
- Accelerated Boot Camps Save You Time And Money
- Personal 1-1 Mentoring
- Easy Financing/ Payment Plans Available!
- Paid Internships & Job Referrals!
- Meet Your DoD 8570-1 Certification Needs. Get Compliant!
- SecureNinja is the ONLY Testing Center that offers ALL 5 industry standard test vendors in the DC / Baltimore Metropolitan Area. (Prometric, VUE, Kryterion-Online, Certiport and Impact-Testing)
- Lowest Prices! We are locally based keeping our overhead low so we can pass the savings along to you
- DC is our Home. Most training centers set up shop in hotels or rented centers. When you have a need, request or encounter a problem they are not there to answer. Our physical location in Alexandria is open 7 days a week and our staff always there to help