CCNA Voice (Introducing Cisco Voice and Unified Communications Administration (ICOMM) v8.0)
Course Description and Overview
SecureNinja's Cisco Certified Network Associate Voice (CCNA® Voice) Introducing Cisco Voice and Unified Communications Administration (ICOMM) v8.0 training and certification boot camp in Washington, DC and San Diego, CA validates associate-level knowledge and skills required to administer a voice network. The Cisco® CCNA Voice certification confirms that the required skill set for specialized job roles in voice technologies such as voice technologies administrator, voice engineer, and voice manager. It validates skills in VoIP technologies such as IP PBX, IP telephony, handset, call control, and voicemail solutions.
Cisco CCNA Voice Introducing Cisco Voice and Unified Communications Administration (ICOMM) v8.0 teaches learners how to maintain and operate a Cisco Unified Communications solution that is based on Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express, Cisco Unity Connection, and Cisco Unified Presence. This course provides the learners with the knowledge and skills to achieve associate-level competency in Cisco Unified Communications. This course introduces the architecture, components, functionalities, and features of Cisco Unified Communications solutions and describes how daily job tasks, such as system monitoring, moves, adds, and changes are performed on Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express, Cisco Unity Connection, and Cisco Unified Presence.
This course will prepare you for the 640-461 ICOMM v8.0 - Introducing Cisco Voice and Unified Communications Administration v8.0 (ICOMM) exam.
Candidates achieving the CCNA Voice certification should be capable of performing the following tasks:
- Describe the components of a Cisco Unified Communications solution and identify call signaling and media stream flows.
- Provide an overview of administrator and end-user interface options in Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express, Cisco Unity Express, Cisco Unity Connection, and Cisco Unified Presence.
- Understand call flows in Cisco Unified Communications Manager and Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express.
- Perform endpoint and end-user administration tasks in Cisco Unified Communications Manager and Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express.
- Describe the telephony features supported in Cisco Unified Communications Manager and Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express.
- Administer users in Cisco Unity Connection and Cisco Unified Presence, and enable the most commonly used features for both applications.
- Describe how to maintain a Cisco Unified Communications solution.
- Course Introduction
- Overview of Cisco Unified Communications Solutions
- Overview of Administrator and End-User Interfaces
- Call Flows in Cisco Unified Communications Manager and Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express
- Endpoint and End User Administration
- Enablement of End User Telephony and Mobility Features
- Enablement of Cisco Unity Connection and Cisco Unified Presence
- Cisco Unified Communications Solutions Maintenance
Module 1: Introduction to Voice Gateways
- Understanding Cisco Unified Communications Networks and the Role of Gateways
- Examining Gateway Call Routing and Call Legs
- Configuring Gateway Voice Ports
- Understanding DSP Functionality, Codecs, and Codec Complexity
Module 2: VoIP Call Legs
- Examining VoIP Call Legs and VoIP Media Transmission
- Explaining H.323 Signaling Protocol
- Explaining SIP Signaling Protocol
- Explaining MGCP Signaling Protocol
- Describing Requirements for VoIP Call Legs
- Configuring VoIP Call Legs
Module 3: Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express Endpoints Implementation
- Introducing Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express
- Examining Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express Endpoint Requirements
- Configuring Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express Endpoints
Module 4: Dial Plan Implementation
- Introducing Call Routing
- Understanding Dial Plans
- Describing Digit Manipulation
- Configuring Path Selection
- Configuring Calling Privileges
Module 5: Gatekeeper and Cisco Unified Border Element Implementation
- Understanding Gatekeepers
- Examining Cisco Unified Border Element
Module 6: Quality of Service
- Introducing QoS
- Understanding QoS Mechanisms and Models
- Explaining Classification, Marking, and Link Efficiency Mechanisms
- Managing Congestion and Rate Limiting
- Understanding Cisco AutoQoS
640-461 ICOMM v8.0 - Introducing Cisco Voice and Unified Communications Administration v8.0 (ICOMM)
CCNA Voice Recertification
CCNA Voice certifications are valid for three years. To recertify, pass ONE of the following before the certification expiration date:
- Pass any current CCNA Concentration exam (wireless, or security, or voice, or SP Ops), or
- Pass any current 642-XXX professional level exam, or
- Pass the current CCDA DESGN exam, or
- Pass any current Cisco Specialist exam (excluding Sales Specialist exams or MeetingPlace Specialist exams, Implementing Cisco TelePresence Installations (ITI) exams, Cisco Leading Virtual Classroom Instruction exams, or any 650 online exams), or
- Pass any current CCIE Written Exam, or
- Pass the current CCDE Written Exam OR current CCDE Practical Exam, or
- Pass the Cisco Certified Architect (CCAr) interview AND the CCAr board review to extend lower certifications.
Valid CCNA or CCIE Certification can act as a pre-requisite.
Who Would Benefit
The Cisco CCNA Voice Certification is for those networking professionals who would like to add VoIP expertise to their career or to move towards a more VoIP/Voice oriented career within networking.
The Job roles that may require such certification, especially if Cisco VoIP frameworks are used are:
Voice technologies administrator
CCNA Voice 640-461 Official Cert Guide [Hardcover] by Jeremy Cioara (Author), Michael Valentine (Author)
Follow On Courses
CCVP or CCNP Security
SecureNinja Training is the DC’s Area’s #1 Expert IT Training Center . We are conveniently located in beautiful Historic Old Town Alexandria, VA enhancing your training experience and featuring:
- Metro Accessibility - Short walk from Metro Blue/Yellow Line (leave the car behind)
- 4 minute Drive to Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport
- Available Parking
- World class restaurants and shops at your footsteps
- Closest Expert IT & IT Security Training Center to Fort Belvoir, Boiling AFB, Fort Myer, Department of Homeland Security, US Department of Navy, US Coast Guard, Fort McNair, Washington Navy Yard and the Pentagon
Why Choose SecureNinja for your Washington DC Expert IT Training?
- Expert Instructors
- Highest Pass Rates
- Choose from Day, Evening & Weekend Classes to meet your busy schedule
- Accelerated Boot Camps Save You Time And Money
- Personal 1-1 Mentoring
- Paid Internships & Job Referrals!
- Meet Your DoD 8570-1 Certification Needs. Get Compliant!
- SecureNinja is the ONLY Testing Center that offers ALL 5 industry standard test vendors in the DC / Baltimore Metropolitan Area. (Prometric, VUE, Kryterion-Online, Certiport and Impact-Testing)
- Lowest Prices! We are locally based keeping our overhead low so we can pass the savings along to you
- Washington, DC is our Home. Most training centers set up shop in hotels or rented centers. When you have a need, request or encounter a problem they are not there to answer. Our physical location in Alexandria is open 7 days a week and our staff always there to help.