CHFI v8(Computer Hacking Forensics Investigator)
Get CHFI v8 certified in just 5 Days!
Course Description & Overview
CHFIv8 Course Description
EC-Council releases the brand new Version 8 of the Computer Hacking Forensics Investigator (C|HFI) Certification Program. C|HFI is designed to equip security professionals with the necessary skills to identify an intruder’s footprints and to properly gather the required evidence to prosecute in the court of law. The EC-Council C|HFIv8 program prepares designated security professionals to track, investigate and apprehend cyber criminals from the inside and outside of the organization. CHFIv8 presents a detailed methodological approach towards computer forensics and evidence analysis. It is a comprehensive course covering important forensic investigation scenarios that enables students to acquire hands-on experience on various forensic investigation techniques and standard forensic tools. This skillset is necessary to successfully carryout a thorough computer forensic analysis leading to prosecution of perpetrators.
SecureNinja's CHFIv8 training and certification boot camp in Washington, DC will provide participants a detailed methodological approach to computer forensics and evidence analysis. It is a comprehensive course covering all possible forensic investigation scenarios that enables students to acquire necessary hands-on experience on various forensic investigation techniques and standard forensic tools necessary to successfully carryout a computer forensic investigation leading to prosecution of proprietors.
Computer crime in today’s cyber world is on the rise. Computer Investigation techniques are being used by police, government and corporate entities globally and many of them turn to EC-Council for our Computer Hacking Forensic Investigator CHFIv8Training and Certification Program. Computer Security and Computer investigations are changing terms. More tools are invented daily for conducting Computer Investigations, be it computer crime, digital forensics, computer investigations, or even standard computer data recovery, The tools and techniques covered in EC-Council’sCHFI program will prepare the student to conduct computer investigations using groundbreaking digital forensics technologies.
Computer forensics is simply the application of computer investigation and analysis techniques in the interests of determining potential legal evidence. Evidence might be sought in a wide range of computer crime or misuse, including but not limited to theft of trade secrets, theft of or destruction of intellectual property, and fraud. CHFI investigators can draw on an array of methods for discovering data that resides in a computer system, or recovering deleted, encrypted, or damaged file information known as computer data recovery.
”Computer forensics graduates have been in high demand for jobs with law enforcement and that demand is growing. Starting salaries in the field can range as high as $85,000 to $120,000.”
A C|HFI v8 professional will be able to understand:
- The process of investigating cybercrime, laws involved, and the details in obtaining a search warrant.
- Different types of digital evidence, rules of evidence, digital evidence examination process, and electronic crime and digital evidence consideration by crime category.
- Roles of first responder, first responder toolkit, securing and evaluating electronic crime scene, conducting preliminary interviews, documenting electronic crime scene, collecting and preserving electronic evidence, packaging and transporting electronic evidence and reporting the crime scene.
- How to recover deleted files and deleted partitions in Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux.
- The process involved in forensic investigation using Access Data FTK and Encase Steganography and its techniques, Steganalysis, and image file forensics.
- Password Cracking Concepts, tools, types of password attacks and how to investigate password protected file breach
- Different types of log capturing techniques, log management, time synchronization and log capturing tools.
- How to investigate logs, network traffic, wireless attacks, and web attacks.
- Data Acquisition
- Types of Data Acquisition Systems
- Data Acquisition Formats
- Bit Stream vs. Backups
- Why Create a Duplicate Image?
- Issues with Data Duplication
- Data Acquisition Methods
- Determining the Best Acquisition Method (in detail)
- Contingency Planning for Image Acquisitions (in detail)
- Data Acquisition Mistakes
- Static Data Acquisition
- Live Data Acquisition
- Types of Volatile Information
- Disk Imaging Tool Requirements
- Validating Data Acquisitions (Linux and Windows)
- Understanding and acquiring RAID Disks
- Remote data acquisition
- Acquisition Best Practices
- Data Acquisition Software Tools
- Data Acquisition Hardware Tools
Among the salient features of the C|HFIv8 are:
- Revamped courseware with more emphasis on hands-on forensic techniques and methodologies.
- A total of 22 modules showcasing the latest forensics concepts, forensic techniques and tools.
- Over 200 labs, real-life cases, evidence files and forensic challenges
- Over 500 industry standard forensics lab tools
- Lab platform based on Windows 2008 Server and Windows 7
- Choice of classroom or virtual lab environment.
- Diagrammatic representation of concepts and forensic investigation techniques
- Result-oriented, descriptive and analytical lab manual.
- EC-Council's C|HFI courseware was certified to have met the 4012 (Senior System Managers) training standards for information security professionals in the federal government by the United States National Security Agency (NSA) and the Committee on National Security Systems (CNSS)
- CHFI programs have been accepted into National Infocomm Competency Framework (NICF) Infocomm professionals competency requirement list
- The Department of Veterans Affairs has included Computer Hacking Forensic Investigator (CHFI)under its GI Bill for the reimbursement of test fees for veterans and other eligible persons in accordance with the provisions of PL 106-419
A report by Symantec confirms that “Cybercrime has surpassed illegal trafficking as the leading criminal money maker.” With lucrative returns, low risk and difficulty of providing admissible evidence in courts of law, computer and networks become the fastest growing technology tools favored by criminals. With the cost of security breaches almost tripling every two years, organizations need to designate well-trained security professionals to perform digital discovery, evidence acquisition and analysis in an acceptable manner to ensure that they trace, reduce or eliminate key security risks that face their organizations.
Electronic evidence is critical in the following situations:
• Disloyal employees
• Computer break-ins
• Possession of pornography
• Breach of contract
• Industrial espionage
• E-mail Fraud
• Disputed dismissals
• Web page defacements
• Theft of company documents
Computer forensics enables the systematic and careful identification of evidence in computer related crime and abuse cases. This may range from tracing the tracks of a hacker through a client’s systems, to tracing the originator of defamatory emails, to recovering signs of fraud.Who Would Benefit
- Police and other law enforcement personnel
- Defense and Military personnel
- e-Business Security professionals
- Systems administrators
- Legal professionals
- Insurance and other professionals
- Government agencies
- IT managers
CHFI training at SecureNinja will properly prepare you for the following exam:
- CHFI 312-49
This exam will be conducted on the last day of training. Students need to pass the online Prometric exam to receive the CHFI certification.
Career Track & Roles
- Computer Forensics Investigator
- Licensed Penetration Tester
- Systems Engineer
- Systems Architect
- Network Security Specialist
Follow On Courses
- ECSA (EC-Council Certified Security Analyst)
SecureNinja Training is the DC’s Area’s #1 Expert IT Training Center . We are conveniently located in beautiful Historic Old Town Alexandria, VA enhancing your training experience and featuring:
- Metro Accessibility - Short walk from Metro Blue/Yellow Line (leave the car behind)
- 4 minute Drive to Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport
- Available Parking
- World class restaurants and shops at your footsteps
- Closest Expert IT & IT Security Training Center to Fort Belvoir, Boiling AFB, Fort Myer, Department of Homeland Security, US Department of Navy, US Coast Guard, Fort McNair, Washington Navy Yard and the Pentagon
Why Choose SecureNinja for your Washington DC Expert IT Training?
- Expert Instructors
- Highest Pass Rates
- Choose from Day, Evening & Weekend Classes to meet your busy schedule
- Accelerated Boot Camps Save You Time And Money
- Personal 1-1 Mentoring
- Paid Internships & Job Referrals!
- Meet Your DoD 8570-1 Certification Needs. Get Compliant!
- SecureNinja is the ONLY Testing Center that offers ALL 5 industry standard test vendors in the DC / Baltimore Metropolitan Area. (Prometric, VUE, Kryterion-Online, Certiport and Impact-Testing)
- Lowest Prices! We are locally based keeping our overhead low so we can pass the savings along to you
- Washington, DC is our Home. Most training centers set up shop in hotels or rented centers. When you have a need, request or encounter a problem they are not there to answer. Our physical location in Alexandria is open 7 days a week and our staff always there to help.
CHFI v8(Computer Hacking Forensics Investigator) Classes
|Aug 29, 2016||Sep 02, 2016||Mon-Fri||Alexandria, VA|
|Oct 10, 2016||Oct 14, 2016||Mon-Fri||Alexandria, VA|
|Dec 05, 2016||Dec 09, 2016||Mon-Fri||Alexandria, VA|
|Feb 06, 2017||Feb 10, 2017||Mon-Fri||Alexandria, VA|
|Apr 03, 2017||Apr 07, 2017||Mon-Fri||Alexandria, VA|
Contact us for more information
Not able to attend public scheduled classes? No problem, let us come to you to train your staff on-site on CHFI v8(Computer Hacking Forensics Investigator)