SecureNinja's (5) five day CISM training and certification boot camp in Washington DC metro and San Diego, CA provides executive management with assurance that those earning the designation have the required experience and knowledge to provide effective security management, and consulting services. Individuals earning the CISM certification become part of an elite peer network, attaining a one-of-a-kind credential and our CISM training program can help you become part of that elite network since it will teach you all the knowledge and skills needed to earn the certification. Recent independent studies have also consistently ranked CISM as one of the highest paying and sought after IT certifications because it connects both IT technical knowledge with management training.
The CISM job practice also defines a global job description for the information security manager and a method to measure existing staff or compare prospective new hires, which hiring managers can use to see if you are more than capable of getting the job done right. Our CISM certification training program will teach you the necessary requirements to pass the exam via in-depth lectures, discussions, demos and much more.
The CISM certification is intended to provide a common body of knowledge for information security management; focuses on information risk management as the basis of information security; and includes material on issues that are on a much larger scope (such as how to govern information security) as well as those issues considered practical (such as developing and managing an information security program and incidents).
Domain 1—Information Security Governance
Domain 2—Information Risk Management and Compliance
Domain 3—Information Security Program Development and Management
Domain 4—Information Security Incident Management
Who Would Benefit
The advanced-level CISM better addresses the interdependency between business needs and IT security by focusing on risk management and security organizational issues. The CISM certification is best for those students who manages, designs oversees and/or assesses an enterprise's information security (IS). The Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) certification program is developed specifically for experienced information security managers and those who have information security management responsibilities. Our CISM certification training program will provide you with a quality education that will successfully prepare you for what you will encounter on the certification exam and while on the job.
Submit verified evidence of a minimum of five years of information security work experience, with a minimum of three years of information security management work experience in three or more of the job practice analysis areas. The work experience must be gained within the ten-year period preceding the application date for certification or within five years from the date of originally passing the exam.
The following security-related certifications and information systems management experience can be used to satisfy the indicated amount of information security work experience.
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) in good standing
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) in good standing
- Post-graduate degree in information security or a related field (e.g., business administration, information systems, information assurance)
- One full year of information systems management experience
- One full year of general security management experience
- Skill-based security certifications (e.g., SANS Global Information Assurance Certification (GIAC), Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE), CompTIA Security +, Disaster Recovery Institute Certified Business Continuity Professional (CBCP), ESL IT Security Manager)
- Completion of an information security management program at an institution aligned with the Model Curriculum
The experience substitutions will not satisfy any portion of the three-year information security management work experience requirement.
Exception: Two years as a full-time university instructor teaching the management of information security can be substituted for every one year of information security experience.
The CISM exam is offered each year in June and December and consists of 200 multiple-choice questions. The CISM exam is focused on four major domains as defined by ISACA.
Key 2019 Exam Registration Dates:
Follow On Courses
SecureNinja Training is the DC’s Area’s #1 Expert IT Training Center. We are conveniently located in beautiful Historic Old Town Alexandria, VA enhancing your training experience and featuring:
- Metro Accessibility - Short walk from Metro Blue/Yellow Line (leave the car behind)
- 4 minute Drive to Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport
- Available Parking
- World class restaurants and shops at your footsteps
- Closest Expert IT & IT Security Training Center to Fort Belvoir, Boiling AFB, Fort Myer, Department of Homeland Security, US Department of Navy, US Coast Guard, Fort McNair, Washington Navy Yard and the Pentagon
Why Choose SecureNinja for your Washington DC Expert IT Training?
- Expert Instructors
- Highest Pass Rates
- Choose from Day, Evening & Weekend Classes to meet your busy schedule
- Accelerated Boot Camps Save You Time And Money
- Paid Internships & Job Referrals!
- Meet Your DoD 8570-1 Certification Needs. Get Compliant!
- SecureNinja is the ONLY Testing Center that offers ALL 5 industry standard test vendors in the DC / Baltimore Metropolitan Area. ( VUE, Kryterion-Online, Certiport, and Impact-Testing)
- Lowest Prices! We are locally based keeping our overhead low so we can pass the savings along to you
- Washington DC Metro and Northern Virginia is our Home. Most training centers set up shop in hotels or rented centers. When you have a need, request or encounter a problem they are not there to answer. Our physical location in Alexandria is open 7 days a week and our staff always there to help.
|CISM (Certified Information Security Manager) Classes Schedule|
|Jul. 22, 2019||Jul. 26, 2019||Alexandria||Mon-Fri||OPEN||Bootcamp|
|Jul. 22, 2019||Jul. 26, 2019||Live Online||Mon-Fri||OPEN||Online|
|Oct. 07, 2019||Oct. 11, 2019||Alexandria||Mon-Fri||OPEN||Bootcamp|
|Oct. 07, 2019||Oct. 11, 2019||Live Online||Mon-Fri||OPEN||Online|
Not able to attend public scheduled classes? No problem, let us come to you to train your staff on-site on CISM (Certified Information Security Manager)