SecureNinja's accredited ISO/IEC 20000 Foundation training and certification boot camp in Washington, DC, San Diego, CA or in blended online format prepares candidates for the foundation qualification. It provides the knowledge required to gain an understanding of the content and requirements of the ISO/IEC 20000-1:2011 international standard for IT service management (ITSM). Find out how the practices can be adopted by an organization to deliver managed services, continually improve those services and achieve certification to ISO/IEC 20000-1.
ISO/IEC 20000 is the international standard for IT service management (ITSM). It defines the requirements for and provides details of the IT service management system (SMS) needed to deliver managed services of an acceptable quality, together with guidance on how to demonstrate conformity with the standard.
This 3-day course is aimed at those wishing to demonstrate a Foundation-level knowledge concerning ISO/IEC 20000 and its use in a typical IT service provider organization. This qualification does not provide the advanced level of knowledge for external auditors, consultants or those responsible for managing implementation of the standard in a service provider organization. Auditors, consultants and implementers may want to consider the APMG Practitioner or Auditor courses, which provide more detail on the use of the standard. The APMG certification exam, which is a multiple-choice exam, can be conducted at the end of the course.
The course is aimed at staff in internal and external service provider organizations who require a basic understanding of the ISO/IEC 20000 standard and its content. It will provide:
- Service owners, process owners and other service management staff with an awareness of and understanding of service management based on the ISO/IEC 20000 standard
- Individuals with the knowledge to understand the ISO/IEC 20000 standard and how it within their own organization
- Managers and team leaders with a knowledge of a typical ISO/IEC 20000 Service management system (SMS)
- Internal auditors, process owners, process reviewers and assessors with a good knowledge of the ISO/IEC 20000 standard, its contents and need for internal reviews, assessments and audits
- Evidence that delegates have achieved a foundation level of knowledge of the ISO/IEC 20000 standard
This qualification does not provide the advanced level of knowledge for external auditors, consultants or those responsible for managing implementation of the standard in a service provider organization. Auditors, consultants and implementers may want to consider the APMG Practitioner or Auditor courses, which provide more detail on the use of the standard.
Candidates will be able to demonstrate their competence in, and their ability to understand:
- The background to the ISO/IEC 20000 standard
- How the standard is used in a typical service provider organization
- The scope, objectives and requirements of the ISO/IEC 20000 standard
- How ISO/IEC 20000 is used with other international standards and ITIL
- The scope of ISO/IEC 20000 series and how parts 1, 2 and 3 can be used
- The terms and definitions used in ISO/IEC 20000
- The requirements for a Service Management System (SMS)
- How to establish an SMS and the need for continual improvement
- Reporting on the IT services and major metrics of the service management processes
- The processes, their objectives and key requirements in a typical IT service provider scenario
- Application, eligibility and scoping requirements to achieve ISO/IEC 20000
- The purpose of internal and external audits, their operation and the associated terminology
- Planning and preparing for an ISO/IEC 20000 audit
- The operation of the certification schemes and the APMG Certification Scheme
The course is aimed at staff in internal and external service provider organizations who require a basic understanding of the ISO/IEC 20000 standard and its content.
Exercises and Examination
The course is designed to be interactive with exercises, examination practice and a mock examination. The exercises help students to understand:
- The business environment and challenges for service providers
- The characteristics of good services and symptoms of poor service management
- The benefits of adopting ISO/IEC 20000 for the organization, a team and an individual
- How the standard is used by different organizations and people in practice
The exam is a 40 question, multiple choice based exam. Candidates have 1 hour to complete the exam and the pass mark is 65% (26/40). The Foundation exam is a closed book exam.
- Certificate: APMG ISO/IEC 20000 Foundation Exam
- 24 Hours
This program is delivered in partnership with ITpreneurs.
These training courses are only delivered as an onsite format for groups of 5 or more. Our world-class instructors will bring our on-demand turn-key solution directly to you. Contact us now for more details and pricing