SecureNinja's interactive workshop in Washington, DC, San Diego, CA, or in blended online format is a workshop leading to the ISO/IEC 20000 Practitioner examination is aimed at IT practitioners who assist organizations to achieve or retain ISO/IEC 20000 certification. The purpose of the Practitioner qualification is to ensure that the candidate has sufficient understanding of ISO/IEC 20000 and its application to be able to analyze and apply their knowledge to a range of activities that would support organizations in achieving and retaining ISO/IEC 20000 certification.
The course covers the interpretation and application of the ISO/IEC 20000 standard and enables practitioners to develop the Service Management capability of an organization and assess its readiness for certification within the ISO/IEC 20000 certification scheme.
Internal auditors involved in preparing an organization for ISO/IEC 20000 certification might find this course more appropriate than the APMG ISO/IEC 20000 Auditor course. An exam will be conducted at the end of the training.
- Introduction and background to ISO/IEC 20000 standard
- ISOIEC 20000 certification scheme
- Principles of IT service management
- ISO/IEC 20000-1 (Part 1) Service management system requirements
- ISO/IEC 20000-2 Guidance on the application of Part 1
- Achieving ISO/IEC 20000 certification
- Applicability, scoping and eligibility based on ISO/IEC 20000-3
- Preparation for formal certification, full and surveillance audits
- Exam practice and preparation
Candidates should understand and be able to analyze and apply the content of ISO/IEC 20000 within currently certified organizations, or organizations wishing to implement an SMS in preparation for initial certification.
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Explain and apply the requirements of Part 1
- Understand, create and apply a service management plan
- Assist and advise organizations on the implementation of continual improvement processes
- Assist and advise organizations in the achievement of conformance to ISO/IEC 20000 and certification
- Explain the relationship between ISO/IEC 20000, related standards and best practices
- Understand, explain and advise on issues regarding applicability, eligibility and scoping
- Advise and assist in ISO/IEC 200000 certification readiness assessments
- Produce a gap analysis supported by an improvement and implementation plan
- Prepare organizations for an ISO/IEC 20000 certification audit using the regulations of the APMG Certification Scheme
Delegates attending the course are required to have a fundamental knowledge of IT service management principles and processes. The basic ITSM knowledge required is exemplified by either an ITIL® Service Management Foundation certificate or an approved ISO/IEC 20000 Foundation certificate, possession of one of which is mandatory for attending this course.
The ISO/IEC 20000 exam is a 3-hour multiple-choice exam with 4 questions. Each of the 4 questions is worth 20 marks, giving a maximum of 80 marks in the exam paper. The pass mark is 50% (40 marks). Within each question the syllabus area to which the question refers is clearly stated. The exam may be taken with the support of the ISO/IEC 20000 Part 1 standard.
Candidates may purchase their personal copy of the ISO/IEC 20000 standard from the ISO webshop. A personal PDF will be created. The URL is: http://www.iso.org/iso/catalogue_detail?csnumber=51986
- Certificate: APMG ISO/IEC 20000 Practitioner Certification
- 24 Hours
This program is delivered in partnership with ITpreneurs.
These training courses are only delivered as an onsite format for groups of 5 or more. Our world-class instructors will bring our on-demand turn-key solution directly to you. Contact us now for more details and pricing