Mastering ITIL Intermediate courses require IT professionals to obtain a great insight into the ITIL body of knowledge and to learn how to apply ITIL in real life. SecureNinja’s blended Continual Service Improvement (CSI) training course in Washington, DC, San Diego, CA or in a blended online format, uses an optimal mix of training methods to achieve this result in a way that is most convenient, effective, and economical to learners. Learners obtain the “knowing” component of the course by completing 10 hours of self-paced eLearning in their own time and at their own pace. After completing the eLearning component of the course, the program taps into the natural strengths of the classroom. In 2.5 days, learners are provided with a safe environment where they can learn to “apply” their knowledge through a combination of case studies, assignments, and role-plays. Thinking beyond the traditional classroom “box” and presenting students with an optimal mix of learning methods
This blended training course immerses participants in the overall concepts, processes, policies, and methods associated with the Continual Service Improvement (CSI) phase of the Service Lifecycle. The course covers the management and control of the activities and techniques within the CSI stage, but not the detail of each of the supporting processes. This course is designed using an engaging scenario-based approach to learning the core disciplines of the ITIL best practice and positions the student to successfully complete the associated exam.
Participants benefit from an optimal mix of learning methods that provides them with the most effective way to build their ITIL knowledge with respect to CSI and learn to apply this knowledge in real life. Participants can complete eLearning modules in their own time to build the right level of knowledge before participating in an interactive classroom or virtual classroom sessions where they can apply this knowledge in practice.
The CSI Lifecycle course will be of interest to:
- Individuals who have their ITIL Foundation Certificate who want to pursue the intermediate and advanced level ITIL certifications.
- Individuals who require a deeper understanding of the ITIL CSI stage of the ITIL Service Lifecycle and how activities in it may be implemented to enhance the quality of IT service management within an organization.
- IT professionals working within or about to enter a CSI environment and requiring an understanding of the concepts, processes, functions, and activities involved.
- Individuals seeking the ITIL Expert certification in IT Service Management for which this qualification is one of the prerequisite modules.
- A typical role includes (but is not restricted to): CIOs, CTOs, managers, supervisory staff, team leaders, designers, architects, planners, IT consultants, IT audit managers, IT security managers, service test managers, and ITSM trainers.
Upon completion of this course and examination, the participant will gain competencies in:
- Understanding Service Management as a Practice and CSI principles, purpose and objective
- Understanding how all CSI processes interact with other Service Lifecycle processes
- The sub-processes, activities, methods, and functions used in each of the CSI processes
- The roles and responsibilities within CSI and the activities and functions to achieve operational excellence
- How to measure CSI performance
- Understanding technology and implementation requirements in support of CSI
- The challenges, critical success factors and risks related to CSI
Course Learner Material
- Digital reference contains concepts that are covered in the class an exam preparation guide. There is also a participant workbook that contains all the exercises and includes all the answers in the appendix. Participants also get access to eLearning modules a few weeks before the course starts. The eLearning materials are available for 2 years after completion of the course.
Candidates for this course must:
- Hold an ITIL Foundation Certificate (holders of Foundation certificate from an earlier version of ITIL e.g.: earlier ITIL qualifications, must pass the current ITIL Foundation exam before attending this course)
- There is no minimum mandatory requirement but 2 to 4 years of professional experience working in IT Service Management is highly desirable
- It is recommended that participants are familiar with the guidelines detailed in the ITIL Service Lifecycle Practices core publications prior to attending training for this certification, in particular, the CSI publication.
- It is recommended that participants should complete at least 21 hours of personal study by reviewing the syllabus and the associated areas of the ITIL Service Management Practice core guidance, in particular, the CSI publication in preparation for the examination. The syllabus can be downloaded from here.
- Evidence of ITIL Foundation Certificate and completion of CSI Lifecycle course from an Accredited Training Provider is required to sit the exam
- The exam is a closed book exam with eight (8) multiple-choice, scenario-based, gradient scored questions.
- Exam duration is a maximum 90 minutes for all candidates in their respective language (candidates sitting the examination in a language other than their first language have a maximum of 120 minutes and are allowed to use a dictionary)
- Each question will have 4 possible answer options, one of which is worth 5 marks, one, which is worth 3 marks, one, which is worth 1 mark, and one, which is a distracter and achieves no marks.
- The passing score is 28/40 or 70%.
- Upon successful passing of the ITIL CSI Lifecycle exam, the participant will be recognized with 3 credits in the ITIL qualification scheme.
- Project Management Institute – Professional Development Units (PDUs) = 21
- 1.5 days (virtual) classroom, 8-hours self-paced eLearning
Secure Ninja DBA SecureNinja is an ITIL® Accredited Training Organization Affiliate sponsored by ITpreneurs an Accredited Training Organization (ATO). ITIL® is a Registered Trade Mark of the Cabinet Office. The Swirl logo™ is a Trade Mark of the Cabinet Office.
These training courses are only delivered as an onsite format for groups of 5 or more. Our world-class instructors will bring our on-demand turn-key solution directly to you. Contact us now for more details and pricing