The ITIL Managing Across the Lifecycle Certificate (MALC) is the final component that leads to the ITIL Expert in IT Service Management qualification. This SecureNinja course is available in Washington DC, San Diego, CA or in blended online format.
The Managing Across the Lifecycle course builds on the knowledge and experience that learners obtained in the Intermediate courses. Learners are required to apply this knowledge, as well as the experience they have obtained performing service management functions. There are five strategic assignments developed around the Royal Phraya Hotel chain. This hotel is also featured in all other SecureNinja ITIL courses. However, in the new course, the chain has expanded their business to other countries around the globe. The scenarios build upon each other, which mean that, as in real life, if you make mistakes at the beginning, it will come back to you later. Each of the scenarios covers multiple learning objectives from the MALC syllabus. Additionally, the entire syllabus is fully covered in the course. Learners, who are performing well in this advanced training program, will do well in the final MALC exam.
The Royal Phraya has just conducted an acquisition and learners have to assist management in the integration. When doing so, they will be asked to analyze and apply ITIL concepts and apply these to the situation (Bloom Level 4); and synthesize and evaluate information to create a meaningful result for the hotel (Bloom Level 5). Learners work in small teams, or operate individually, and when working in teams their team roles rotate. Each team member must lead at least one strategic assignment. During the course, the instructor plays the role of the technology manager of the Royal Phraya Hotel chain.
SecureNinja delivers a next generation learning experience with the MALC training program. This program will test your readiness to become an ITIL Expert, and will guide you through the process to make sure that you understand your growth areas, as well as the areas in which you excel.
The Managing Across the Lifecycle course will be of interest to:
- Chief Information Officers
- Senior IT Managers
- IT Managers
- IT Professionals
- IT Operations Practitioners
- IT Development Practitioners
- Individuals who require a business and management level understanding of the ITIL service lifecycle and how it may be implemented to enhance the quality of IT service provision within an organization.
- Individuals seeking the ITIL Expert in IT Service Management certificate, for which this qualification is the final mandatory module.
- Individuals seeking progress towards the ITIL Master in IT Service Management, for which the ITIL Expert in IT Service Management certificate is a prerequisite.
Upon successful completion of the education and examination components related to this qualification, candidates can expect to gain competencies in the following:
- Key concepts of the service lifecycle
- Communication and stakeholder management
- Integrating service management processes across the service lifecycle
- Managing services across the service lifecycle
- Governance and organization
- Implementing and improving service management capability
- Preparing for APMG MALC examination, including mock examination opportunity
Course Learner Material
- Participants receive a copy of the classroom presentation material, practice exam, case study, homework, and assignments.
- Participants receive a PDF with additional course reference material (about 600 pages). This material is formatted for an e-reader allowing participants to read it as an e-book.
- Participants receive a login and password for the eLearning modules a few weeks before the (virtual) classroom course starts. The eLearning materials are available for two years after completion of the course.
Candidates for this course must:
Hold the ITIL Foundation Certificate (2 credits) in IT Service Management, and have obtained an additional 15 credits from a balanced selection of ITIL Service Lifecycle or Service Capability qualifications, i.e., a total of at least 17 credits.
- Must have the ITIL Foundation Certificate (2 credits) and have obtained a minimum of 15 credits through formal Service Lifecycle or Service Capability certification streams and have completed the Managing Across the Lifecycle course from an Accredited Training Provider in order to sit the exam.
- It is recommended that learners complete at least 28 hours of personal study by reviewing the syllabus and the core ITIL publications in preparation for the examination. The syllabus can be downloaded from: http://www.itil-officialsite.com/.
- The exam is a closed book exam with ten (10) multiple choice, gradient scored questions that are based on a single case study. The case study is the same as provided with the mock exam in the training course. Candidates are expected to have thoroughly reviewed the case study prior to taking the exam.
- Exam duration is a maximum 120 minutes for all candidates in their respective language. Note: Candidates taking the examination in a language other than their first language, and/or living in a country where the language of the exam is not a business language in the country, have a maximum of 150 minutes and are allowed to use a dictionary.
- Each question will have four possible answer options: one, which is worth 5 marks, one worth 3 marks, one worth 1 mark, and one which is a distracter and achieves no marks.
- Pass score is 35/50 or 70%.
- The exam is delivered as a supervised exam; a registered proctor oversees secure exam delivery.
- Upon successful passing of the ITIL Managing Across the Lifecycle exam, the student will be recognized with 5 credits in the ITIL qualification scheme.
- Project Management Institute – Professional Development Units (PDUs) = 40 for the 5-day Classroom program and 30 for the Blended program.
- 2-day Classroom and 25 hours eLearning
The Blended Classroom course is a 2-â€day classroom learning experience that provides a best of both worlds experience. Learners complete specific assignments and study the knowledge components for each of the modules on their own. Then, they come together to spend two days in the classroom with their peers.
Secure Ninja DBA SecureNinja is a ITIL® Accredited Training Organization Affiliate sponsored by ITpreneurs an Accredited Training Organization (ATO). ITIL® is a Registered Trade Mark of the Cabinet Office. The Swirl logo™ is a Trade Mark of the Cabinet Office.
These training courses are only delivered as an onsite format for groups of 5 or more. Our world-class instructors will bring our on-demand turn-key solution directly to you. Contact us now for more details and pricing