SecureNinja's 2-day Kepner- Tregoe foundation training and certification boot camp in Washington, DC, San Diego, CA, or in blended online format introduces a systematic process of problem solving when responding to incidents and problems. The course is designed for individuals who work in trouble shooting environments. This allows them to deliver a high level of quality and consistency in customer support. The course equips participants with the terminology, structure and basic concepts of Kepner-Tregoe’s problem management and incident management techniques, such as Situation Appraisal, Problem Analysis, Decision Analysis and Potential Problem Analysis. During the Foundation course, participants will receive the proper training and guidance to optimally prepare them to take and pass the Kepner-Tregoe Foundation examination.
The Kepner-Tregoe Foundation course is beneficial for individuals who want to be trained and certified in a best practice that is recommended for problem analysis (Kepner-Tregoe is referenced as a best practice in the official ITIL® Service Operation publication).
Other core benefits of the Kepner-Tregoe Foundation course include:
- Establish a common troubleshooting language that ensures consistency in customer support in a Service Management environment.
- Introduce structured, critical thinking techniques to analyze problems, make decisions and proactively avoid problems.
- Use a systematic approach independent of technical expertise.
The Kepner-Tregoe Foundation course will be of interest to individuals who:
- Want the official Kepner-Tregoe Certificate, issued by Kepner-Tregoe.
- Plan to attend the (2-day) Kepner-Tregoe Advanced Workshop in order to learn to implement the concepts learned in the Foundation course.
- Want to improve their Incident Management and Problem Management techniques.
- Typical roles are (but not limited to): Roles that provide first-line support, including service-desk staff, Analysts, Problem Managers, Incident Managers, Auditors, Quality Managers, Operators, Technicians and Engineers.
- Introduction to the Kepner-Tregoe rational process: Situation Appraisal, Problem Analysis, Decision Analysis and Potential Problem Analysis.
- Situation Appraisal: The definition of an incident and a concern. How to “List Threats and Opportunities“, “Separate and Clarify“, “Set Priority“, “Plan Next Steps“ and the role of questioning in “Situation Appraisal”.
- Problem Analysis: The Kepner-Tregoe definition of a problem. How to “Describe Problem“, “Identify Possible Causes”, “Evaluate Possible Causes“, “Confirm True Cause“, explain the role of questioning in “Problem Analysis”.
- Decision Analysis: The definition of a decision. How to “Clarify Purpose“, “Identify Alternatives“, “Evaluate Alternatives“, “Make Decision”. The role of questioning in “Decision Analysis”. How to effectively “Present Recommendations“ and “Assess Recommendations“.
- Potential Problem Analysis: The definition of an action and a plan. How to “Identify Potential Problems“, “Identify Likely Causes“, “Take Preventive Action“, “Plan Contingent Action and Set Triggers“. The role of questioning in “Potential Problem Analysis”.
About Kepner- Tregoe
Founded in 1958, the Princeton, New Jersey-based Kepner-Tregoe is the international leader in developing critical thinking skills. Kepner-Tregoe is a global leader in improving business performance through proprietary organizational transformation and trouble shooting methodologies. This proven methodology has been used to maximize service performance at global organizations, such as NASA, IBM, Sun Microsystems, RIM and Siemens.
- There are no prerequisites to attend this course.
- The Kepner-Tregoe Foundation Exam is an online exam, and can be offered at the end of the second day of the training course. The exam can also be taken by the candidate at another convenient date and time. This will require that the candidate selects and registers a proctor who will supervise the exam delivery.
- In order for participants to be eligible to take the Kepner-Tregoe Foundation Exam, they have to participate in an accredited Kepner-Tregoe Foundation training course for 2 days.
- The 40-question, multiple-choice exam is a closed-book exam, taken online, that will test your understanding of the contents of the Kepner-Tregoe Foundation course syllabus.
- Exam duration is a maximum of 60 minutes for all candidates.
- Pass score is 26/40 (or 65%). No negative marking.
- 16 PDU’s
- 16.5 CPE’s
- 16 Hours
This program is delivered in partnership with ITpreneurs.
These training courses are only delivered as an onsite format for groups of 5 or more. Our world-class instructors will bring our on-demand turn-key solution directly to you. Contact us now for more details and pricing