Course Description and Overview
SecureNinja's MCTS: Infrastructure (Server 2008) training and certification boot camp in Washington, DC will prepare for the Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) on Windows Server 2008 credential is intended for IT professionals who work in the complex computing environment of medium-sized to large companies.
This exam measures your ability to accomplish the technical tasks listed below.The percentages indicate the relative weight of each major topic area on the exam.
1. Configuring Addressing and Services
Configure IPv4 and IPv6 addressing.
- May include but is not limited to: configure IP address options; subnetting; supernetting; multi-homed; interoperability between IPv4 and IPv6
Configure Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP).
- May include but is not limited to: DHCP options; creating new options; PXE boot; default user profiles; DHCP relay agents; exclusions; authorize server in Active Directory; scopes; DHCPv6
- May include but is not limited to: static routing; persistent routing; Routing Internet Protocol (RIP); metrics; choosing a default gateway; maintaining a routing table; demand-dial routing; IGMP proxy
Configure Windows Firewall with Advanced Security.
- May include but is not limited to: inbound and outbound rules; custom rules; authorized users; authorized computers; configure firewall by using Group Policy; network location profiles; service groups; import/export policies; isolation policy; IPsec group policies; Connection Security Rules
Configuring Names Resolution
Configure a Domain Name System (DNS) server.
- May include but is not limited to: conditional forwarding; external forwarders; root hints; cache-only; socket pooling; cache locking
Configure DNS zones.
- May include but is not limited to: zone scavenging; zone types; Active Directory integration; Dynamic Domain Name System (DDNS); Secure DDNS; GlobalNames; zone delegation; DNS Security Extensions (DNSSEC); reverse lookup zones
Configure DNS records.
- May include but is not limited to: record types; Time to live (TTL); weighting records; registering records; netmask ordering; DnsUpdateProxy group; round robin; DNS record security; auditing
Configure DNS replication.
- May include but is not limited to: DNS secondary zones; DNS stub zones; Active Directory Integrated replication scopes; securing zone transfer; SOA refresh; auditing
Configure name resolution for client computers.
- May include but is not limited to: configuring HOSTS file; Link-Local Multicast Name Resolution (LLMNR); broadcasting; resolver cache; DNS server list; Suffix Search order; DNS devolution
Configuring Network Access
Configure remote access.
- May include but is not limited to: dial-up; Remote Access Policy; Network Address Translation (NAT); VPN protocols, such as Secure Socket Tunneling Protocol (SSTP) and IKEv2; Routing and Remote Access Services (RRAS); packet filters; Connection Manager; VPN reconnect; RAS authentication by using MS-CHAP, MS-CHAP v2, and EAP
Configure Network Access Protection (NAP).
- May include but is not limited to: network layer protection; DHCP enforcement; VPN enforcement; RDS enforcement; configure NAP health policies; IPsec enforcement; 802.1x enforcement; flexible host isolation; multi-configuration System Health Validator (SHV)
- May include but is not limited to: IPv6; IPsec; server requirements; client requirements; perimeter network; name resolution policy table
Configure Network Policy Server (NPS).
- May include but is not limited to: IEEE 802.11 wireless; IEEE 802.3 wired; group policy for wireless; RADIUS accounting; Connection Request policies; RADIUS proxy; NPS templates
Configuring File and Print Services
Configure a file server.
- May include but is not limited to: file share publishing; Offline Files; share permissions; NTFS permissions; encrypting file system (EFS); BitLocker; Access-Based Enumeration (ABE); branch cache; Share and Storage Management console
Configure Distributed File System (DFS).
- May include but is not limited to: DFS namespace; DFS configuration and application; creating and configuring targets; DFS replication; read-only replicated folder; failover cluster support; health reporting
Configure backup and restore.
- May include but is not limited to: backup types; backup schedules; managing remotely; restoring data; shadow copy services; volume snapshot services (VSS); bare metal restore; backup to remote file share
Manage file server resources.
- May include but is not limited to: FSRM; quota by volume or quota by user; quota entries; quota templates; file classification; Storage Manager for SANs; file management tasks; file screening
Configure and monitor print services.
- May include but is not limited to: printer share; publish printers to Active Directory; printer permissions; deploy printer connections; install printer drivers; export and import print queues and printer settings; add counters to Performance Monitor to monitor print servers; print pooling; print priority; print driver isolation; location-aware printing; print management delegation
Monitoring and Managing a Network Infrastructure
Configure Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) server settings.
- May include but is not limited to: update type selection; client settings; Group Policy object (GPO); client targeting; software updates; test and approval; disconnected networks
Configure performance monitoring.
- May include but is not limited to: Data Collector Sets; Performance Monitor; Reliability Monitor; monitoring System Stability Index; page files; analyze performance data
Configure event logs.
- May include but is not limited to: custom views; application and services logs; subscriptions; attaching tasks to events find and filter
Gather network data.
- May include but is not limited to: Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP); Network Monitor; Connection Security Rules monitoring
The Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) on Windows Server 2008 credentials are intended for information technology (IT) professionals who work in the complex computing environment of medium to large companies. The MCTS candidate should have at least one year of experience implementing and administering Windows Server 2008 R2 in an environment that has the following characteristics:
- 250 to 5,000 or more users
- multiple physical locations
- multiple domain controllers
- network services and resources such as messaging, databases, file and print, a firewalls, Internet access, an intranet, Public Key Infrastructure, remote access, remote desktop, virtualization, and client computer management
- connectivity requirements such as connecting branch offices and individual users in remote locations to corporate resources and connecting corporate network.
Windows Server 2008 Network Infrastructure, Configuring - 70-642
SecureNinja Training is the DC’s Area’s #1 Expert IT Training Center . We are conveniently located in beautiful Historic Old Town Alexandria, VA enhancing your training experience and featuring:
- Metro Accessibility - Short walk from Metro Blue/Yellow Line (leave the car behind)
- 4 minute Drive to Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport
- Available Parking
- World class restaurants and shops at your footsteps
- Closest Expert IT & IT Security Training Center to Fort Belvoir, Boiling AFB, Fort Myer, Department of Homeland Security, US Department of Navy, US Coast Guard, Fort McNair, Washington Navy Yard and the Pentagon
Why Choose SecureNinja for your Washington DC Expert IT Training?
- Expert Instructors
- Highest Pass Rates
- Choose from Day, Evening & Weekend Classes to meet your busy schedule
- Accelerated Boot Camps Save You Time And Money
- Personal 1-1 Mentoring
- Paid Internships & Job Referrals!
- Meet Your DoD 8570-1 Certification Needs. Get Compliant!
- SecureNinja is the ONLY Testing Center that offers ALL 5 industry standard test vendors in the DC / Baltimore Metropolitan Area. ( VUE, Kryterion-Online, Certiport and Impact-Testing)
- Lowest Prices! We are locally based keeping our overhead low so we can pass the savings along to you
- Washington, DC is our Home. Most training centers set up shop in hotels or rented centers. When you have a need, request or encounter a problem they are not there to answer. Our physical location in Alexandria is open 7 days a week and our staff always there to help.
These training courses are only delivered as an onsite format for groups of 5 or more. Our world-class instructors will bring our on-demand turn-key solution directly to you. Contact us now for more details and pricing