Course Description and Overview
SecureNinja’s MCTS: Share Point 2010 training and certification boot camp in Washington, DC is designed to give you to to install, configure, and administer SharePoint 2010 in this course. You will also learn “Hands-on” to use SharePoint 2010 to manage and monitor sites and users. This course will prepare you for the Exam 70-667: TS: Microsoft SharePoint 2010 exam which is intended to validate the configuration skills needed to administer a SharePoint 2010 installation.
Installing and Configuring a SharePoint Environment (25 percent)
Deploy new installations and upgrades.
- This objective may include but is not limited to: running Visual Upgrade, performing an in-place upgrade, performing a database attach upgrade, analyzing a PreUpgradeCheck report, installing language packs, and scripting installations; analyzing ULS logs, installation error logs, and event logs to identify installation problems; and repairing installation errors
Configure SharePoint farms.
- This objective may include but is not limited to: configuring inter-server communications, server roles, high availability, InfoPath Forms Services (IPFS), Alternate Access Mappings (AAM), external sites, host headers, and applying and managing patches
Configure service applications.
- This objective may include but is not limited to: configuring service applications such as Business Connectivity Services (BCS), Access Services, Visio Services, Microsoft Office PerformancePoint Server 2007, user profiles, Microsoft Office Excel services, Managed Metadata Services (MMS), and IPFS
Configure indexing and search.
- This objective may include but is not limited to: configuring FAST Search for SharePoint, crawl schedules, iFilters, crawl rules, content sources, scopes, managed properties, content types, search components, index partitioning, and federated search locations
Managing a SharePoint Environment (26 percent)
Manage operational settings.
- This objective may include but is not limited to: configuring logging, quotas, monitoring levels, health reports, security, and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) integration
Manage accounts and user roles.
- This objective may include but is not limited to: managing user accounts, group accounts, managed accounts, computer accounts, and service accounts; and delegating site collection administration
Manage authentication providers.
- This objective may include but is not limited to: managing NTLM, Kerberos, claims-based, and forms-based authentication; and configuring Secure Store Service (SSS) and Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS
Deploying and Managing Applications (24 percent)
Manage Web Applications.
- This objective may include but is not limited to: managing databases, Web Application settings, security, and policies
Manage site collections.
- This objective may include but is not limited to: managing site collection policies, features, caching, and auditing; configuring site collection security; configuring multi-tenancy; and configuring site collection quotas and locks
Deploy and manage SharePoint solutions.
- This objective may include but is not limited to: deploying and managing SharePoint solution packages, managing sandbox solutions, and managing user solutions
Maintaining a SharePoint Environment (25 percent)
Back up and restore a SharePoint environment.
- This objective may include but is not limited to: configuring backup settings; backing up and restoring content, search, and service application databases; detaching and attaching databases; and exporting lists and sites
Monitor and analyze a SharePoint environment.
- This objective may include but is not limited to: generating health, administrative, and Web analytics reports; interpreting usage and trace logs; identifying and resolving health and performance issues
Optimize the performance of a SharePoint environment.
- This objective may include but is not limited to: configuring resource throttling (large list management, object model override); configuring remote Binary Large Objects (BLOB) storage and BLOB and object caching; and optimizing services
Who Would Benefit
- Experienced Windows Server 2003 or 2008 administrators who are interested in learning how to administer SharePoint 2010.
- Business Application Administrators (BAAs) who administer line-of-business (LOB) applications in conjunction with internal business customers
Candidates for this exam typically have more than one year of experience configuring SharePoint and related technologies, including Internet Information Services (IIS), Windows Server 2008, and Active Directory, and networking infrastructure services.
The minimally qualified candidate typically:
- Is an IT administrator involved in SharePoint installation, configuration, and maintenance.
- Has experience with deployment and management of SharePoint architectures and solutions.
- Is proficient with IIS 7.0, DNS, Active Directory, and Microsoft SQL Server 2005 or higher as these technologies relate to SharePoint.
- Is proficient with the infrastructure and security of Windows Server 2008.
- Has experience with business operations for IT, including data backup, restoration, and high availability.
- Has experience with Windows PowerShell 2.0 and command-line administration.
Exam 70-667: TS: Microsoft SharePoint 2010
Credit Toward Certification
When you pass Exam 70-667: TS: Microsoft SharePoint 2010, Configuring, you complete the requirements for the following certification(s): MCTS: SharePoint 2010, Configuration
Exam 70-667: TS: Microsoft SharePoint 2010, Configuring: counts as credit toward the following certification(s):
MCITP: SharePoint Administrator 2010
Follow On Courses
MCITP: SharePoint Administrator 2010
SecureNinja Training is the DC’s Area’s #1 Expert IT Training Center . We are conveniently located in beautiful Historic Old Town Alexandria, VA enhancing your training experience and featuring:
- Metro Accessibility - Short walk from Metro Blue/Yellow Line (leave the car behind)
- 4 minute Drive to Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport
- Available Parking
- World class restaurants and shops at your footsteps
- Closest Expert IT & IT Security Training Center to Fort Belvoir, Boiling AFB, Fort Myer, Department of Homeland Security, US Department of Navy, US Coast Guard, Fort McNair, Washington Navy Yard and the Pentagon
Why Choose SecureNinja for your Washington DC Expert IT Training?
- Expert Instructors
- Highest Pass Rates
- Choose from Day, Evening & Weekend Classes to meet your busy schedule
- Accelerated Boot Camps Save You Time And Money
- Personal 1-1 Mentoring
- Paid Internships & Job Referrals!
- Meet Your DoD 8570-1 Certification Needs. Get Compliant!
- SecureNinja is the ONLY Testing Center that offers ALL 5 industry standard test vendors in the DC / Baltimore Metropolitan Area. ( VUE, Kryterion-Online, Certiport and Impact-Testing)
- Lowest Prices! We are locally based keeping our overhead low so we can pass the savings along to you
- Washington, DC is our Home. Most training centers set up shop in hotels or rented centers. When you have a need, request or encounter a problem they are not there to answer. Our physical location in Alexandria is open 7 days a week and our staff always there to help.
These training courses are only delivered as an onsite format for groups of 5 or more. Our world-class instructors will bring our on-demand turn-key solution directly to you. Contact us now for more details and pricing