Course Description and Overview
SecureNinja's MCTS: Windows 7 configuration certification training boot camp in Washington, DC is will prepare candidates to operate in computing environments that use Microsoft Windows 7 as a desktop operating system for enterprise. At course end students will take the MCTS: Windows 7 Configuring 70-680 exam and IT professionals will be able to demonstrate their technical expertise in the functions and features of Windows 7. Candidates should have at least one year of experience in the IT field, as well as experience implementing and administering any Windows client operating system in a networked environment.
Installing and Configuring Windows 7 Client
- Perform a clean installation of Windows 7, upgrade to Windows 7, and migrate user-related data and settings from an earlier version of Windows.
- Configure disks, partitions, volumes, and device drivers to enable a Windows 7 client computer.
- Configure file access and printers on a Windows 7 client computer.
- Configure network connectivity on a Windows 7 client computer.
- Configure wireless network connectivity on a Windows 7 client computer.
- Secure Windows 7 client desktop computers.
- Optimize and maintain the performance and reliability of a Windows 7 client computer.
- Configure mobile computing and remote access settings for a Windows 7 client computer.
Installing, Upgrading, and Migrating to Windows 7
- Preparing to Install Windows 7
- Performing a Clean Installation of Windows 7
- Upgrading and Migrating to Windows 7
- Performing Image-based Installation of Windows 7
- Configuring Application Compatibility
- Lab: Installing and Configuring Windows 7
Configuring Disks and Device Drivers
- Partitioning Disks in Windows 7
- Managing Disk Volumes
- Maintaining Disks in Windows 7
- Installing and Configuring Device Drivers
- Lab: Configuring Disks and Device Drivers
Configuring File Access and Printers on Windows 7 Client Computers
- Overview of Authentication and Authorization
- Managing File Access in Windows 7
- Managing Shared Folders
- Configuring File Compression
- Managing Printing
- Lab: Configuring File Access and Printers on Windows 7 Client Computers
Configuring Network Connectivity
- Configuring IPv4 Network Connectivity
- Configuring IPv6 Network Connectivity
- Implementing Automatic IP Address Allocation
- Overview of Name Resolution
- Troubleshooting Network Issues
- Lab: Configuring Network Connectivity
Configuring Wireless Network Connections
- Overview of Wireless Networks
- Configuring a Wireless Network
- Lab: Configuring Wireless Network Connections
Securing Windows 7 Desktops
- Overview of Security Management in Windows 7
- Securing a Windows 7 Client Computer by Using Local Security Policy Settings
- Securing Data by Using EFS and BitLocker
- Configuring Application Restrictions
- Configuring User Account Control
- Configuring Windows Firewall
- Configuring Security Settings in Internet Explorer 8
- Configuring Windows Defender
- Lab: Configuring UAC, Local Security Policies, EFS, and AppLocker
- Lab: Configuring Windows Firewall, Internet Explorer 8 Security Settings, and Windows Defender
Optimizing and Maintaining Windows 7 Client Computers
- Maintaining Performance by Using the Windows 7 Performance Tools
- Maintaining Reliability by Using the Windows 7 Diagnostic Tools
- Backing Up and Restoring Data by Using Windows Backup
- Restoring a Windows 7 System by Using System Restore Points
- Configuring Windows Update
- Lab: Optimizing and Maintaining Windows 7 Client Computers
Configuring Mobile Computing and Remote Access in Windows 7
- Configuring Mobile Computer and Device Settings
- Configuring Remote Desktop and Remote Assistance for Remote Access
- Configuring DirectAccess for Remote Access
- Configuring BranchCache for Remote Access
- Lab: Configuring Mobile Computing and Remote Access in Windows 7
MCTS: Windows 7 Configuring 70-680
SecureNinja Training is the DC’s Area’s #1 Expert IT Training Center . We are conveniently located in beautiful Historic Old Town Alexandria, VA enhancing your training experience and featuring:
- Metro Accessibility - Short walk from Metro Blue/Yellow Line (leave the car behind)
- 4 minute Drive to Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport
- Available Parking
- World class restaurants and shops at your footsteps
- Closest Expert IT & IT Security Training Center to Fort Belvoir, Boiling AFB, Fort Myer, Department of Homeland Security, US Department of Navy, US Coast Guard, Fort McNair, Washington Navy Yard and the Pentagon
Why Choose SecureNinja for your Washington DC Expert IT Training?
- Expert Instructors
- Highest Pass Rates
- Choose from Day, Evening & Weekend Classes to meet your busy schedule
- Accelerated Boot Camps Save You Time And Money
- Personal 1-1 Mentoring
- Paid Internships & Job Referrals!
- Meet Your DoD 8570-1 Certification Needs. Get Compliant!
- SecureNinja is the ONLY Testing Center that offers ALL 5 industry standard test vendors in the DC / Baltimore Metropolitan Area. ( VUE, Kryterion-Online, Certiport and Impact-Testing)
- Lowest Prices! We are locally based keeping our overhead low so we can pass the savings along to you
- Washington, DC is our Home. Most training centers set up shop in hotels or rented centers. When you have a need, request or encounter a problem they are not there to answer. Our physical location in Alexandria is open 7 days a week and our staff always there to help.
These training courses are only delivered as an onsite format for groups of 5 or more. Our world-class instructors will bring our on-demand turn-key solution directly to you. Contact us now for more details and pricing