Course Description and Overview
SecureNinja's MCTS: Windows 7 configuration certification training boot camp in Washington, DC is will prepare candidates to operate in computing environments that use Microsoft Windows 7 as a desktop operating system for enterprise. At course end students will take the MCTS: Windows 7 Configuring 70-680 exam and IT professionals will be able to demonstrate their technical expertise in the functions and features of Windows 7. Candidates should have at least one year of experience in the IT field, as well as experience implementing and administering any Windows client operating system in a networked environment.
Installing and Configuring Windows 7 Client
- Perform a clean installation of Windows 7, upgrade to Windows 7, and migrate user-related data and settings from an earlier version of Windows.
- Configure disks, partitions, volumes, and device drivers to enable a Windows 7 client computer.
- Configure file access and printers on a Windows 7 client computer.
- Configure network connectivity on a Windows 7 client computer.
- Configure wireless network connectivity on a Windows 7 client computer.
- Secure Windows 7 client desktop computers.
- Optimize and maintain the performance and reliability of a Windows 7 client computer.
- Configure mobile computing and remote access settings for a Windows 7 client computer.
- Installing, Upgrading, and Migrating to Windows 7
- Preparing to Install Windows 7
- Performing a Clean Installation of Windows 7
- Upgrading and Migrating to Windows 7
- Performing Image-based Installation of Windows 7
- Configuring Application Compatibility
- Lab: Installing and Configuring Windows 7
- Configuring Disks and Device Drivers
- Partitioning Disks in Windows 7
- Managing Disk Volumes
- Maintaining Disks in Windows 7
- Installing and Configuring Device Drivers
- Lab: Configuring Disks and Device Drivers
- Configuring File Access and Printers on Windows 7 Client Computers
- Overview of Authentication and Authorization
- Managing File Access in Windows 7
- Managing Shared Folders
- Configuring File Compression
- Managing Printing
- Lab: Configuring File Access and Printers on Windows 7 Client Computers
- Configuring Network Connectivity
- Configuring IPv4 Network Connectivity
- Configuring IPv6 Network Connectivity
- Implementing Automatic IP Address Allocation
- Overview of Name Resolution
- Troubleshooting Network Issues
- Lab: Configuring Network Connectivity
- Configuring Wireless Network Connections
- Overview of Wireless Networks
- Configuring a Wireless Network
- Lab: Configuring Wireless Network Connections
- Securing Windows 7 Desktops
- Overview of Security Management in Windows 7
- Securing a Windows 7 Client Computer by Using Local Security Policy Settings
- Securing Data by Using EFS and BitLocker
- Configuring Application Restrictions
- Configuring User Account Control
- Configuring Windows Firewall
- Configuring Security Settings in Internet Explorer 8
- Configuring Windows Defender
- Lab: Configuring UAC, Local Security Policies, EFS, and AppLocker
- Lab: Configuring Windows Firewall, Internet Explorer 8 Security Settings, and Windows Defender
- Optimizing and Maintaining Windows 7 Client Computers
- Maintaining Performance by Using the Windows 7 Performance Tools
- Maintaining Reliability by Using the Windows 7 Diagnostic Tools
- Backing Up and Restoring Data by Using Windows Backup
- Restoring a Windows 7 System by Using System Restore Points
- Configuring Windows Update
- Lab: Optimizing and Maintaining Windows 7 Client Computers
- Configuring Mobile Computing and Remote Access in Windows 7
- Configuring Mobile Computer and Device Settings
- Configuring Remote Desktop and Remote Assistance for Remote Access
- Configuring DirectAccess for Remote Access
- Configuring BranchCache for Remote Access
- Lab: Configuring Mobile Computing and Remote Access in Windows 7
MCTS: Windows 7 Configuring 70-680
These training courses are only delivered as an onsite format for groups of 5 or more. Our world-class instructors will bring our on-demand turn-key solution directly to you. Contact us now for more details and pricing