Newsflash: SecureNinja's Network+ is now updated with the CompTIA Network+ - N10-007 exam objectives!
SecureNinja's Network+ training and certification boot camp in Washington, DC provides hands-on, instructor led course prepares students to take the Network+ exam. The CompTIA Network+ certification is the sign of a competent networking professional. It is an international, vendor-neutral certification that proves a technician's competency in managing, maintaining, troubleshooting, installing and configuring basic network infrastructure.
The exam covers network technologies, installation and configuration, media and topologies, management, and security. Candidate job roles include network administrator, network technician, network installer, help desk technician and IT cable installer.
Companies such as Dell, HP, Ricoh, Sharp and Xerox recommend or require CompTIA Network+ for their networking technicians. It is a technical prerequisite option for IT technicians seeking to join the Apple Consultants Network, and is recognized by the U.S. Department of Defense.
Although not a prerequisite, it is recommended that CompTIA Network+ candidates have at least nine months of experience in network support or administration or academic training, along with a CompTIA A+ certification.
CompTIA Network+ N10-007 has been updated and reorganized to address the current networking technologies with expanded coverage of several domains by adding:
- Critical security concepts to helping networking professionals work with security practitioners
- Key cloud computing best practices and typical service models
- Coverage of newer hardware and virtualization techniques
- Concepts to give individuals the combination of skills to keep the network resilient
Domain 1: Network Technologies
- Explain the function of common networking protocols.
- Identify commonly used TCP and UDP default ports.
- Identify the following address formats: IPv6, IPv4, MAC addressing.
Domain 2: Network Media and Topologies
- Categorize standard cable types and their properties.
- Identify common connector types.
- Identify common physical network topologies.
Domain 3: Network Devices
- Install, configure, and differentiate between common network devices.
- Identify the functions of specialized network devices.
- Explain the advanced features of a switch.
- Implement a basic wireless network.
Domain 4: Network Management
- Explain the function of each layer of the OSI model.
- Identify types of configuration management documentation.
Domain 5: Network Tools
- Given a scenario, select the appropriate command line interface tool and interpret the output to verify functionality.
- Explain the purpose of network scanners.
- Given a scenario, utilize the appropriate hardware tools.
Domain 6: Network Security
- Explain the function of hardware and software security devices.
- Explain common features of a firewall.
- Explain the methods of network access security.
- Explain methods of user authentication.
- Explain issues that affect device security.
- Identify common security threats and mitigation techniques.
Who Would Benefit
This course is designed for students who have basic understanding of IT concepts ; especially in relation to computer networking infrastructure. This course is an excellent preparation for students who wish not only to be Network+ Certified but who desire to move on towards the higher certifications of CCNA, Security+, MCP, MCSE, MCTS, or MCITP.
CompTIA Network+ - N10-007
- CompTIA Security+
- Microsoft MCP / MCTS
- Microsoft MCSE / MCITP
- Cisco CCNA
- Having end-users skills with Microsoft Windows is required.
Career Track & Roles
- Help Desk Technician
- Help Desk Administrator
- Remote Support Technician
- Backup Administrator
- Network Administrator
- Systems Administrator
- Systems Engineer
- Systems Architect
- Network Security Specialist
- Information Security Specialist
“Top Notch Instructor, very happy with how the Network+ class was presented” - Shawn, Andrews Air Force Base
“Excellent Instructor, Very knowledgeable” - Bob, Andrews Air Force Base
SecureNinja Training is the DC’s Area’s #1 Expert IT Training Center . We are conveniently located in beautiful Historic Old Town Alexandria, VA enhancing your training experience and featuring:
- Metro Accessibility - Short walk from Metro Blue/Yellow Line (leave the car behind)
- 4 minute Drive to Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport
- Available Parking
- World class restaurants and shops at your footsteps
- Closest Expert IT & IT Security Training Center to Fort Belvoir, Boiling AFB, Fort Myer, Department of Homeland Security, US Department of Navy, US Coast Guard, Fort McNair, Washington Navy Yard and the Pentagon
Why Choose SecureNinja for your Washington DC Expert IT Training?
- Expert Instructors
- Highest Pass Rates
- Choose from Day, Evening & Weekend Classes to meet your busy schedule
- Accelerated Boot Camps Save You Time And Money
- Paid Internships & Job Referrals!
- Meet Your DoD 8570-1 Certification Needs. Get Compliant!
- SecureNinja is the ONLY Testing Center that offers ALL 5 industry standard test vendors in the DC / Baltimore Metropolitan Area. ( VUE, Kryterion-Online, Certiport and Impact-Testing)
- Lowest Prices! We are locally based keeping our overhead low so we can pass the savings along to you
- Washington, DC is our Home. Most training centers set up shop in hotels or rented centers. When you have a need, request or encounter a problem they are not there to answer. Our physical location in Alexandria is open 7 days a week and our staff always there to help.
|Network+ Training & Certification Classes Schedule|
|Oct. 06, 2018||Nov. 03, 2018||Alexandria||5 Saturdays||OPEN||Weekend|
|Oct. 06, 2018||Nov. 03, 2018||Live Online||5 Saturdays||OPEN||Online|
|Oct. 22, 2018||Oct. 26, 2018||Alexandria||Mon-Fri||OPEN||Bootcamp|
|Oct. 22, 2018||Oct. 26, 2018||Live Online||Mon-Fri||OPEN||Online|
|Oct. 22, 2018||Oct. 26, 2018||Dulles||Mon-Fri||OPEN||Bootcamp|
|Nov. 26, 2018||Nov. 30, 2018||Columbia||Mon-Fri||OPEN||Bootcamp|
|Dec. 03, 2018||Dec. 07, 2018||Alexandria||Mon-Fri||OPEN||Bootcamp|
|Dec. 03, 2018||Dec. 07, 2018||Live Online||Mon-Fri||OPEN||Online|
|Jan. 05, 2019||Feb. 02, 2019||Alexandria||5 Saturdays||OPEN||Weekend|
|Jan. 05, 2019||Feb. 02, 2019||Live Online||5 Saturdays||OPEN||Online|
|Jan. 07, 2019||Jan. 11, 2019||San Diego||Mon-Fri||OPEN||Bootcamp|
|Jan. 28, 2019||Feb. 01, 2019||Alexandria||Mon-Fri||OPEN||Bootcamp|
|Jan. 28, 2019||Feb. 01, 2019||Live Online||Mon-Fri||OPEN||Online|
|Jan. 28, 2019||Feb. 01, 2019||Dulles||Mon-Fri||OPEN||Bootcamp|
|Feb. 04, 2019||Feb. 08, 2019||Columbia||Mon-Fri||OPEN||Bootcamp|
|Mar. 02, 2019||Mar. 30, 2019||Alexandria||5 Saturdays||OPEN||Weekend|
|Mar. 02, 2019||Mar. 30, 2019||Live Online||5 Saturdays||OPEN||Online|
|Mar. 25, 2019||Mar. 29, 2019||Dulles||Mon-Fri||OPEN||Bootcamp|
|Mar. 25, 2019||Mar. 29, 2019||Alexandria||Mon-Fri||OPEN||Bootcamp|
|Mar. 25, 2019||Mar. 29, 2019||Live Online||Mon-Fri||OPEN||Online|
|Apr. 08, 2019||Apr. 12, 2019||San Diego||Mon-Fri||OPEN||Bootcamp|
|May. 06, 2019||May. 10, 2019||Columbia||Mon-Fri||OPEN||Bootcamp|
|May. 20, 2019||May. 24, 2019||Alexandria||Mon-Fri||OPEN||Bootcamp|
|May. 20, 2019||May. 24, 2019||Live Online||Mon-Fri||OPEN||Online|
|May. 20, 2019||May. 24, 2019||Dulles||Mon-Fri||OPEN||Bootcamp|
|Jun. 01, 2019||Jun. 29, 2019||Alexandria||5 Saturdays||OPEN||Weekend|
|Jun. 01, 2019||Jun. 29, 2019||Live Online||5 Saturdays||OPEN||Online|
|Jul. 22, 2019||Jul. 26, 2019||San Diego||Mon-Fri||OPEN||Bootcamp|
|Jul. 27, 2019||Aug. 24, 2019||Alexandria||5 Saturdays||OPEN||Weekend|
|Jul. 27, 2019||Aug. 24, 2019||Live Online||5 Saturdays||OPEN||Online|
|Jul. 29, 2019||Aug. 02, 2019||Dulles||Mon-Fri||OPEN||Bootcamp|
|Jul. 29, 2019||Aug. 02, 2019||Alexandria||Mon-Fri||OPEN||Bootcamp|
|Jul. 29, 2019||Aug. 02, 2019||Live Online||Mon-Fri||OPEN||Online|
|Aug. 05, 2019||Aug. 09, 2019||Columbia||Mon-Fri||OPEN||Bootcamp|
|Sep. 30, 2019||Oct. 04, 2019||Alexandria||Mon-Fri||OPEN||Bootcamp|
|Sep. 30, 2019||Oct. 04, 2019||Live Online||Mon-Fri||OPEN||Online|
|Sep. 30, 2019||Oct. 04, 2019||Dulles||Mon-Fri||OPEN||Bootcamp|
|Oct. 05, 2019||Nov. 02, 2019||Alexandria||5 Saturdays||OPEN||Weekend|
|Oct. 05, 2019||Nov. 02, 2019||Live Online||5 Saturdays||OPEN||Online|
|Oct. 07, 2019||Oct. 11, 2019||San Diego||Mon-Fri||OPEN||Bootcamp|
|Oct. 28, 2019||Nov. 01, 2019||Dulles||Mon-Fri||OPEN||Bootcamp|
|Oct. 28, 2019||Nov. 01, 2019||Alexandria||Mon-Fri||OPEN||Bootcamp|
|Oct. 28, 2019||Nov. 01, 2019||Live Online||Mon-Fri||OPEN||Online|
|Dec. 02, 2019||Dec. 06, 2019||Columbia||Mon-Fri||OPEN||Bootcamp|
Not able to attend public scheduled classes? No problem, let us come to you to train your staff on-site on Network+ Training & Certification