SecureNinja’s PMI- Agile Certified Practitioner 3-day training and certification boot camp formally recognizes your knowledge of agile principles and your skill with agile techniques. This course will make you shine even brighter to your employers, stakeholders, and peers. The PMI-ACP is a fast-growing certification that will differentiate you from your competitors and make you stand out within an organization. The PMI-ACP spans many approaches to agile such as Scrum, Kanban, Lean, extreme programming and test- driven development. The PMI-ACP will overall increase your versatility, so you will be prepared to hand any project that you are working on.
- Recognizing key Agile developments and definitions
- Applying the values and principles of the Agile Manifesto
- Mapping tools, techniques, knowledge, and skills to PMI's six domains of Agile development
Focusing on Business value
- Identifying Minimally Marketable Features for release planning
- Sharpening the requirements definition by agreeing on the Definition of Done
- Identifying stakeholders and their concerns
- Promoting effective collaboration and participation
Maintaining Stakeholder Engagement
- Enabling knowledge sharing
- Building trust and managing expectations through shared success criteria
- Establishing collaborative behaviors through group decision-making
- Influencing teams to design their own internal work processes
- Encouraging teams to estimate and track project progress
Boosting Team Performance Practices
- Creating safe environments for experimentation
- Raising productivity by eliminating waste
- Coaching styles that foster skill enhancement
Implementing Adaptive Planning
- Applying rolling wave planning
- Leveraging progressive elaboration
- Balancing priorities and team capabilities
- Coaching the team to adjust cadences based on situational awareness
- Refining estimate ranges to reflect uncertainty
- Capturing measures of accepted work delivered in a specified time frame
- Controlling costs through quantitative measures
Problem Detection and Resolution
- Time Boxing to focus on immediate issues
- Engaging the team proactively to identify risks and create mitigation strategies
- Ensuring impediments are resolved and stakeholder expectations are adjusted
- Maintaining visibility with burndown charts, value stream mapping, and Kanban boards
- Managing features and technical issues with Backlog
Facilitating Continuous Improvement
- Conducting retrospectives to improve the team's behavior
- Experimenting with new techniques and process ideas
- Removing nonvalue-adding processes
- Reducing Work in Progress (WIP)
Who Will Benefit?
This course is designed and dedicated for project managers who want to take their experience to the next level. This is an advanced level course that requires a lot of background knowledge, as well as work experience, is recommended. The PMI-ACP course is designed to help project managers move into a leadership role or those who are implementing agile values and principles daily.
The following is required to successfully obtain the PMI-ACP certification.
- 2,000 hours of general project experience working on teams. A current PMI or PgMP will satisfy this requirement but is not required to apply for the PMI-ACP.
- 1,500 hours working on agile project teams or with agile methodologies. This requirement is in addition to the 2,000 hours of general project experience.
- 21 contact hours of training in agile practices.
To earn this certification, you must take and pass the PMI-ACP exam.
- Duration: 3 hours
- Number of questions: 120 multiple choice
Can I earn PDU credits by attending a Secure Ninja Training PMI boot camp?
Yes. Those interested in taking the PMI exam must earn a minimum of 35 professional development units (PDUs) through a PMI Registered Education Provider. Once certified, PMIs must earn at least 30 PDU every three years to maintain their certification
The Training Program is divided logically and spread across three days. The exam will be administered on the last day of training and some overnight reading is recommended. Our instructors will be helpful and lead you to success.
Preparing for the Exam:
The second part of the course examines the specific skills of project management through the lens of the Nine Knowledge Areas. Special importance is given to those concepts which historically have been emphasized by PMI, including memorization of guides and diagrams. Intense question review and focused memorization are an integral part of this section.
Putting it all Together:
The PMI-ACP Certification Exam Training Program is an intensive 35-hour program. Frequent practice exams, reviews, and written exercises will enable you to master the test-taking skills needed for the PMI examination.
Passing the PMI-ACP Exam
The historical pass rate of students who have taken this class is 97%. We offer you the following guarantee*: If you do not pass, you may re-sit a PMI-ACP Certification Exam Training Program session within one year.
|PMI-ACP Classes Schedule|
|Oct. 07, 2019||Oct. 10, 2019||Columbia||Mon-Thurs||OPEN||Bootcamp|
|Nov. 04, 2019||Nov. 07, 2019||Alexandria||Mon-Thurs||OPEN||Bootcamp|
|Nov. 04, 2019||Nov. 07, 2019||Live Online||Mon-Thurs||OPEN||Online|
Not able to attend public scheduled classes? No problem, let us come to you to train your staff on-site on PMI-ACP