SecureNinja's 2-Day TIPA Lead Assessor boot camp and certification course in Washington, DC, San Diego, CA or blended online, equips the participant with the ability to lead a process assessment project based on the TIPA framework. The course enables participants to collaborate with executive and top management to define the scope and plan of an assessment project and define the project assessment team structure. The participants will be able to use the TIPA tools to monitor progress throughout the project lifecycle, ensure the quality of the assessment and present results and recommendations to all relevant stakeholders. â€¨â€¨At the end of this course, participants will be optimally prepared to take and pass the TIPA Lead Assessor Exam and become a TIPA Lead Assessor. Please note that to become a ‘Certified TIPA Lead Assessor’, evidence of experience has to provide to the TIPA governing body.
The TIPA Lead Assessor course will be of interest to:
- Certified TIPA Assessors who have gained sufficient experience in executing TIPA assessments and would like to lead TIPA assessment projects
- Assessors (CMMi, ISO/IEC 15504 etc.) who would like to use the TIPA methodology to lead process assessments
- Individuals who play a role in assessing and improving processes in an organization and who would like to organize TIPA process assessment.
- Individuals who participate in ITSM implementations in organizations and who are interested in organizing TIPA assessments to measure ITSM process maturity for capability determination (either in a supplier selection processor as a benchmarking tool)
- Individuals who are looking for a turnkey-solution for process assessment to estimate the ROI of ITSM implementations in organizations.
- Individuals in typical roles (but not limited to): Senior Consultants, Project Managers, Quality Managers, Process Owners, Auditors, IT process improvement consultants.
Upon completion of this course and examination, the participant will gain the following competencies:
- Explain the TIPA assessment methodology to executive/top management and generate buy-in
- Provide the cost of the assessment, using the TIPA cost estimation tool (for external consultants)
- Define the scope of the assessment project along with the top management representatives
- Define the structure of the assessment team (roles and responsibilities) and assemble the assessment team
- Provide guidance to the Assessment Coordinator and together with him/her, identify the Interviewees
- Create an assessment project plan, monitor progress, send regular progress update to key stakeholders
- Define the interview plan
- Review the SWOT (Strength, Weakness, Opportunity, and Threat) analysis, recommendations and reports created by the TIPA Assessors and integrate into the Assessment Report
- Present results of the assessment and recommendations to the top management
- Close the project, review if objectives are met, create a lessons-learned log, and plan for improvement of the ITSM process assessment process
- Articulate, in detail, the 6 phases of the assessment project
- Use all tools in the TIPA toolbox to perform any or all of the above activities
Candidates for this course must:
- Be a Certified TIPA Assessor
- Be able to demonstrate through the provision of a resume that the individual has
- At least 5 years of experience in IT Service Management
- At least 2 years of experience in process or maturity assessments in at least one of the following:
- ITIL®, CMMI, ISO/IEC 15504, ISO/IEC 20000, ISO 9001 or COBIT®
- At least 3 years of project management experience or equivalent experience in leading teams
It is strongly recommended that candidate has any of the following additional qualifications: ITIL Expert, ITIL Service Manager, 10 credits accrued through ITIL intermediates
After completing the course and passing the exam, the candidate must register with TIPAas a TIPA Professional Member (as a certified TIPA Assessor for ITIL now completing the Lead Assessor course, you are expected to be a Professional Member in good standing). â€¨â€¨Registering as a Professional Member entails agreeing to pay an annual fee that entitles him/her to receive a license to the TIPA toolbox for Lead Assessor, and services such as listing on the official website and yearly updates to the complete toolbox. For more information, see http://www.tipaonline.org/membership/professional-membership. After registration, the ‘Lead Assessor’ status is granted to the candidate and the person’s name will be listed on the TIPA website as a ‘TIPA Lead Assessor’ and TIPA toolbox will be licensed to the individual. The ‘Certified TIPA Lead Assessor’ status and the corresponding certificate will be awarded once the candidate can demonstrate evidence of experience in performing assessments as detailed below. The difference between a TIPA Lead Assessor and Certified TIPA Lead Assessor will be indicated on the website.
- In order for participants to be eligible to take the TIPA Assessor for ITIL certification In order for participants to be eligible to take the TIPA Lead Assessor certification exam, they have to participate in an accredited TIPA training course for 2 days.
- The exam is a closed book exam with eight (8) multiple-choice, scenario-based, gradient-scored questions.
- Exam duration is a maximum of 90 minutes for all candidates in English (participants whose first language is not English have a maximum of 120 minutes to complete the exam and are allowed to use a dictionary)
- Each question will have 4 possible answer options, one of which is worth 5 marks, one which is worth 3 marks, one which is worth 1 mark, and one which is a distracter and achieves no marks.
- Pass score is 28/40 or 70%
Providing evidence of experience
In order to adhere to the highest quality standards for TIPA Assessments, the TIPA Certification Body stipulates the following condition be satisfied by the ‘TIPA Lead Assessor’ before the status of ‘Certified TIPA Lead Assessor’ is granted:
- Evidence of three TIPA assessments performed out of which two as Lead Assessor, covering a total of ten process instances
- Or evidence of two TIPA assessments performed as Lead Assessor if one of them is coached or supervised by a Certified TIPA Lead Assessor, covering a total of six process instances.
The reporting will be facilitated through the TIPA member section on the official website and will include providing the name and organization where the assessment is performed, contact details of the organization’s representative, name of Lead Assessor, name of Certified TIPA Lead Assessor(if applicable) and number of process instances assessed.â€¨â€¨Candidates already holding one of the following qualifications do not have to report additional evidence of experience and will be directly awarded the Certified TIPA Lead Assessor status.
- ScampiTM Lead Appraiser
- IntacsTM certified Competent or Principal Assessor
- IntRSATM certified Assessor or Principal Assessor
Maintaining the certification
Maintaining the TIPA Lead Assessor status ensures the ongoing official backing of the TIPA Certification Body (governed by the accreditor, CRP Henri Tudor) and provision of continued certification services for the individual, such as the ability to being listed on the official site as a Lead Assessor and receiving updates to the toolbox. Renewal of the Lead Assessor status is done by renewing the TIPA Professional Membership.
- 18 CPE’s
- 16 Hours
Secure Ninja DBA SecureNinja is an ITIL® Accredited Training Organization Affiliate sponsored by ITpreneurs an Accredited Training Organization (ATO). ITIL® is a Registered Trade Mark of the Cabinet Office. The Swirl logo™ is a Trade Mark of the Cabinet Office.
These training courses are only delivered as an onsite format for groups of 5 or more. Our world-class instructors will bring our on-demand turn-key solution directly to you. Contact us now for more details and pricing