One of the most wanted positions in the cybersecurity field is to become a Cyber Security Engineer. Information security professionals who enroll in this position use a broad information security skill set to ensure that their organizations are secure from hackers. What’s more important is the pay that this role earns. It is a goal to serve as a general guide for the cybersecurity industry however, it is not guaranteed as to how much you earn from working in this role. It will depend on your work ethic and skills to provide the satisfaction you would want, to work in this field.
1. What it means to be a cybersecurity engineer
To become a cybersecurity engineer is to perform numerous functions including architect, development and fielding secure network solutions to ensure security against malicious threats. Other aspects of this position will include maintaining system user security as well as keeping system users informed on changes in programming as well as instances of security violations.
2. Duties and Responsibilities as a cybersecurity engineer
- Maintaining the integrity of software and hardware
- Designing virus detection systems
- To create and maintain security policies
- Solving existing security issues, such as virus or hardware malfunctions
- Create security analysis finding reports
- Develop authentication and authorization protocols
- Constantly replacing system architecture
- Investigating security breach notifications
- Analyzing and implementing new security protocols and technologies
This is just a small portion of the responsibilities you will have as a cybersecurity engineer.
3. Certifications and experience required to become a cybersecurity engineer
A common job description for a cybersecurity engineer may require a degree in cybersecurity or a related field. You must have a few years of experience in the IT field. Key concepts to note, being familiar with both fundamental and advanced cybersecurity concepts & tools such as; leadership skill, the ability to withstand difficult IT projects, and a willingness to come up with creative ideas for security solutions. In addition to working for this role, you will require the following certifications CEH, CCNP Security, and CISSP. This might be a lot to soak in, but in the end, it will be all worth it with an average salary of over $100,000 per year!
SecureNinja is an award-winning training and certification school and has a proven track record of assisting Fortune 100, Government, and Military organizations. For more information on how SecureNinja can benefit you or your organization fill out the form to the right of this post or visit secureninja.com/contact.