Leading information security and CHFI training and certification outfit honored among 20 training centers worldwide to teach new Computer Forensics Launch Class in Alexandria, VA
Alexandria, VA, January 24, 2012. Secure Ninja, www.secureninja.com , a leading information security training and services company has been honored to be among 20 select training centers worldwide to teach EC-Council's CHFIv8 Launch class in Washington, DC area to at their state of the art training facility in Alexandria, VA on February 27th, 2012.
Jay Bavisi, President of EC-Council said, “According to PwC’s Information Security Breaches Survey 2010, nearly half of the large organizations admit that they have experienced insider threats (misuse of web and email access, misuse of confidential information, and unauthorized access to systems or data). Organizations today face a very challenging threat in the form of insider abuse that must be addressed to ensure the safety of their organizations’ digital asses.”
“We are extremely honored by EC-Council in designating Secure Ninja as one of the few ATC's worldwide to conduct the launch of CHFIv8 training class worldwide” said Ned Snow, President, Secure Ninja. “This designation furthers our commitment to deliver the highest quality and most advanced information security training & services available today.”
CHFIv8 presents a detailed methodological approach towards computer forensics and evidence analysis. It is a comprehensive course covering important forensic investigation scenarios that enables students to acquire hands-on experience on various forensic investigation techniques and standard forensic tools. This skillset is necessary to successfully carryout a thorough computer forensic analysis leading to prosecution of perpetrators.
Among the salient features of the C|HFIv8 are:
- Revamped courseware with more emphasis on hands-on forensic techniques and methodologies.
- A total of 22 modules showcasing the latest forensics concepts, forensic techniques and tools.
- Over 200 labs, real-life cases, evidence files and forensic challenges
- Over 500 industry standard forensics lab tools
- Lab platform based on Windows 2008 Server and Windows 7
- Choice of classroom or virtual lab environment.
- Diagrammatic representation of concepts and forensic investigation techniques
- Result-oriented, descriptive and analytical lab manual.
A C|HFI v8 professional will be able to understand:
- The process of investigating cybercrime, laws involved, and the details in obtaining a search warrant.
- Different types of digital evidence, rules of evidence, digital evidence examination process, and electronic crime and digital evidence consideration by crime category.
- Roles of first responder, first responder toolkit, securing and evaluating electronic crime scene, conducting preliminary interviews, documenting electronic crime scene, collecting and preserving electronic evidence, packaging and transporting electronic evidence and reporting the crime scene.
- How to recover deleted files and deleted partitions in Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux.
- The process involved in forensic investigation using Access Data FTK and Encase Steganography and its techniques, Steganalysis, and image file forensics.
- Password Cracking Concepts, tools, types of password attacks and how to investigate password protected file breach
- Different types of log capturing techniques, log management, time synchronization and log capturing tools.
- How to investigate logs, network traffic, wireless attacks, and web attacks.
The International Council of E-Commerce Consultants (EC-Council) is a member-based organization that certifies individuals in cyber security and e-commerce. It is the owner and developer of 20 security certifications, including Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), Computer Hacking Forensics Investigator (CHFI), Certified Security Analyst /Licensed Penetration Tester (ECSA/LPT) and Certified Chief Information Security Officer (C|CISO). EC-Council has trained over 90,000 security professionals and certified more than 40,000 members. EC-Council’s certification programs are offered by over 450 training centers across 87 countries. These certifications are recognized worldwide and have received endorsements from various government agencies including the U.S. Department of Defense via DoD 8570.01-M, the Montgomery GI Bill, National Security Agency (NSA) and the Committee on National Security Systems (CNSS). EC-Council also operates EC-Council University and the global series of Hacker Halted information security conferences. For more information about EC-Council visit www.eccouncil.org, follow @ECCouncil on Twitter, LinkedIn or visit EC-Council’s Facebook page.
About Secure Ninja
Secure Ninja is a leader in Information Security and IT training and certification such as CISSP, Security+, CEH, CISM, and Computer Forensics and has been providing businesses with programs that answer regulatory needs and skills gaps for over 8 years. Our training programs educate and certify your employees in the areas that are critical to your operations. With certified professionals on staff, your company demonstrates that it is seriously engaged in producing ROI on technology investments and handling compliance requirements competently. Our programs create solutions for the DOD and integrator community by answering the certification needs of the 8570.1-M mandate. Our services/consulting division specializes in governance, risk and compliance programs for government agencies including information assurance, IV&V security assessments, and cyber-security solutions. For more information visit www.secureninja.com