Chuck Robbins, the CEO of Cisco, introduced new software that will work together with Cisco certifications known as “DevNet”. The DevNet certification program ensures the skills of software developers, DevOps engineers, automation specialists, and other software professionals. This program will validate key emerging technical skills for an opening view of IT professionals, empowering organizations to ensure the potential of applications and infrastructure for various networks. There are three DevNet certifications individuals will be able to achieve which are known as Cisco certified DevNet Associate, Professional, and Specialist. These exams will go live on February 24th, 2020.
1. Cisco Certified DevNet Associate
This certification program validates used skills through proactive software developers, DevOp engineers, automation specialists, and other IT professionals. This certification consists of one exam which tests your knowledge of software development and design. There are no prerequisites for this exam, but it is highly recommended that you should have a good understanding of the exam topics before taking the exam.
- Understanding and using APIs
- Cisco platforms and development
- Application development and security
- Infrastructure and automation
2. Cisco Certified DevNet Professional
This certification consists of two exams. The first exam is a core exam that focuses on your knowledge of software development including APIs, Cisco platforms, and applications deployment. The second exam is a concentration exam that focuses more on emerging and industry-specific topics such as enterprise automation, collaboration automation and data center automation. This certification requires no prerequisites, but it is highly recommended to have at least three to five years of experience with software development including Python programming. After completing the DevNet Professional program, you receive an individual specialist certification so you can get recognized for your accomplishments on your journey for Cisco exams.
3. Cisco Certified DevNet Specialist
Lastly, this certification will enhance your understanding of network and software growth. It allows you to validate your software development skills as well as emerging focus areas. When taking the DevNet Specialist program, you have multiple optional areas you will be able to focus on depending on your path for becoming a Cisco Certified Specialist. There are no prerequisites for this exam, but it is also highly recommended to have three to five years of experience with software development including python programming. This program consists of one exam which out of the 9 exams Cisco offers in guiding you towards your career.
- Automating and Programming Cisco Enterprise Solutions
- Automating and Programming Cisco Security Solutions
- Automating and Programming Cisco Service Provider Solutions
- Automating and Programming Cisco Collaboration Solutions
- Automating and Programming Cisco Data Center Solutions
- Developing Applications using Cisco Core Platforms and APIs
- Implementing DevOps Solutions and Practices Using Cisco Platforms
- Developing Solutions Using Cisco IoT and Edge Platforms
- Developing Applications for Cisco Webex and Webex Devices
Start Training Today and Get Certified in Less Than 5 Days! Call 703-535-8600 Today for a Special Offer!
SecureNinja is an award-winning training and certification school, and SecureNinja has a proven track record of assisting Fortune 100, Government, and Military organizations. For more information on how SecureNinja can benefit you or your organization fill out the form to the right of this post or visit secureninja.com/contact.