WHO WOULD BENEFIT
IT System Administrators, IT Security Professionals
Students must have administrative rights on a system that meets the following requirements:
- At least Windows 7
- At least 4GB of RAM
- At least 100GB of disk space
- Running VMWare 9.0
- NOTE: We can provide properly configured machines for the class if necessary for an additional fee
- Students should be familiar with using Windows and Linux operating environments and be able to troubleshoot general connectivity and setup issues.
- Students should be familiar with VMware Workstation and be able to create and configure virtual machines.
- Students are recommended to have a high-level understanding of key programming concepts, such as variables, loops and functions; however, no programming experience is necessary.
- Students will be provided with detailed courseware, detailed lab manuals, and copy/paste notes so that even if student is not very strong technically they will be able to complete the lab exercises and take notes effectively.
- 5 days
FOLLOW ON COURSES
- Cyber War
Day 1: Dead Box Forensics
- Recovering Deleted Files
- Dealing with steganography
- Dealing with encryption
Day 2: Dynamic Analysis
- Building an analysis environment
- Identifying Malicious Activity
Day 3: Static Analysis
- Building a malware database archive
- Identifying malicious capability
Day 4: Network Traffic Analysis & Network IDS signature development
- PCAP Analysis
- IDS Signature Development
Day 5: Browser Forensics & Memory Analysis
- Mass Injection Analysis
- Charting malware redirection
- Carving executables out of RAM
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR
Chief Technology Officer and Senior Cybersecurity Instructor
SecureNinja CTO Joe McCray is an Air Force Veteran and has been involved with cybersecurity for over 10 years. Joe has been involved in over 150 very high level pentesting assessments and utilizes his “real world hacking accomplishments” to ensure his clients and students obtain effective knowledge transfer.
His extensive experience and deep knowledge, mixed with his comedic style has lead Joe to be one of the most highly sought after speaking experts in the industry. Joe often makes speaking appearances and gives seminars at major events in the security community such as Black Hat, DEFCON, BruCon, Hacker Halted, Hacktivity and more.
Joe is the recipient of the 2009 EC-Council Instructor Circle of Excellence Award and the 2010 EC-Council Instructor of the Year Award. In addition he is the founder and CEO of Strategic Security, Inc. an IT Security consulting firm that provides in-depth technical security assessments of your network, web application, and regulatory compliance gap analysis
|Advanced Malware Analysis Classes Schedule|
|Aug. 27, 2018||Aug. 31, 2018||Columbia||Mon-Fri||OPEN||Bootcamp|
Not able to attend public scheduled classes? No problem, let us come to you to train your staff on-site on Advanced Malware Analysis