PMP (Project Management Professional)
PMP (Project Management Professional) v5 training and certification boot camp in Washington, DC will prepare you to earn the credential in the most important industry-recognized certification for project managers. Globally recognized and demanded, the PMP® demonstrates that you have the experience, education and competency to successfully lead and direct projects.
Will the SecureNinja Training PMP boot camp prepare the student for the PMP exam?
If you are an experienced project manager intending to take the PMP exam, you can take the SecureNinja Training PMP Boot Camp. In this course you learn essential PMBOK terminology and gain practical test-taking experience. This is Intense PMP Training, with Real-World Skills Development. This is not just a test prep course; we do not create paper PMP's. Get skills-based training developed using a proven methodology to meet your PMP goals while developing and reinforcing real-world project management skills.
This course is aligned the new PMBOK Guide®, 5th edition. During this Training Program course, you will:
- Greatly enhance your project management skills and infuse that knowledge with the precise language and standardized terminology of PMI®
- Understand the Project Management Life Cycle using the context of the PMI Process Groups
- Utilize and build upon your existing knowledge base and experience to more efficiently pass your PMP certification exam through skills development and focused memorization exercises
- Gain 35 PMP PDU's upon successful course completion— the exact amount you need to meet the PDU criteria for sitting the PMP exam
- Review the PMBOK® Guide (Fourth Edition) in class
- Learn the specific skills of project management through the lens of the Nine Knowledge Areas
- Acquire the skills, knowledge, and confidence to pass the PMP certification test — it’s a difficult, specialized exam, but our methodology teaches you through your PM experience. This is Not Just Test Prep — it is also Skills-Based Training.
Learn Project Management using the context of the PMI Process Groups - Study exam topics through the lens of the Nine Knowledge Areas.
In-Class Practice Exams and Exercises
In-class practice exams help you learn not only the project management knowledge, but also the nature of the Project Management Professional exam, the types of questions asked, and the form the questions take. Through practice exercises you will gain valuable information, learn how to rapidly recall important facts, and generally increase your test-taking skills.
Specifically, you will:
- Learn the subject matter of the PMP examination
- Memorize the important test information that has a high probability of being on your examination
- Develop time management skills necessary to complete the PMP exam within the allotted time
- Leverage your existing Project Management Skills
- Extrapolate from your real world experiences tthe PMP examination subject matter
- Learn to identify pertinent question information to quickly answer examination problems
- 20 Benefits of Participating in Project Management Training Program - PMP Prep
- Understand how to use Earned Value Analysis tkeep a project on-budget and on-time.
- Clearly define the scope of a project and effectively manage it throughout the project's life.
- Learn calculation concepts - not just formulas - that allow the answering of computational questions, nmatter how they are presented.
- Minimize the risk of a project through proper risk management and response planning.
- Learn the fundamentals of stakeholder analysis and how to manage stakeholder expectation.
- Learn key Procurement terms, concepts, and calculations such as Privity, the Risk profiles of different contracts, and Point of Total Assumption.
- Learn the five process groups that form the basis of the project management life cycle.
- Understand the nine knowledge areas and how they apply teach of the process groups.
- See how to properly fill out the Project Management Professional examination application.
- Satisfy the educational requirement to sit for the PMP examination.
- Understand the PMI terminology that will be used on the PMP examination.
- See how Quality Planning can be used tensure project success.
- Know the subject matter that will be tested, the depth twhich questions will be asked, and the emphasis that will be placed on each topic.
- Understand how Present Value and Internal Rate of Return (IRR) are calculated and used as part of a Project Charter
- Learn how to construct a dependency network.
- Produce task time estimates that utilize best-practices and are consistently reliable.
- Memorize key terms, equations, and graphs for the PMP examination.
- Take end-of-day quizzes treinforce learning and prepare for the PMP Examination.
- Understand how to determine and measure a project’s Critical Path.
- Develop a study plan tpass the PMP examination on the first try. Develop a study plan to pass the PMP exam
- Initiating the project
- Planning the project
- Executing the project
- Monitoring and controlling the project
- Closing the project
- Professional and social responsibility
Who Would Benefit
The PMP Certification Exam Training Program is constructed to help project managers’ master the material needed to obtain PMI’s PMP certification. It was designed with the recognition that because of the specific requirements of your organizations, practicing project managers (PMs) often have great expertise in some areas but would greatly benefit from the review of the entire project management field.
The PMP recognizes demonstrated competence in leading and directing project teams. If you’re an experienced project manager looking to solidify your skills, stand out to employers and maximize your earning potential, the PMP credential is the right choice for you.
A four-year degree (bachelor’s or the global equivalent) and at least three years of project management experience, with 4,500 hours leading and directing projects and 35 hours of project management education.
A secondary diploma (high school or the global equivalent) with at least five years of project management experience, with 7,500 hours leading and directing projects and 35 hours of project management education.
- Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide 5th Edition)
- Crosswind PMP Exam Success Series material which includes the bootcamp manual and PMBOK® Guide.
Follow On Courses
- ITIL 2011 Foundations
- Microsoft Project+
What is the PMP certification?
The Project Management Institute (PMI) grants a Project Management Professional (PMP) certification that is well-known in the field. This certification recognizes experience, education and accomplishment in project management. To become certified, candidates must pass an exam.
What is the CAPM Certification?
PMI grants a Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) certification that is beneficial to project team members or early stage project managers who are looking for a stepping stone to the PMP certification. For information on eligibility requirements for either the PMP or CAPM certification exams, please refer to the PMI website: www.pmi.org
Can I earn PDU credits by attending an Secure Ninja Training PMP boot camp?
Yes. Those interested in taking the PMP exam must earn a minimum of 35 professional development units (PDUs) through a PMI Registered Education Provider. Once certified, PMPs must earn at least 60 PDUs every three years to maintain their certification
The Training Program is divided logically into two parts. The first part reinforces the PM's understanding of project management, while at the same time introducing PMI's precise terminology and project management philosophy. The second part drills into you the specific topical knowledge needed to pass the PMP examination.
Using Your Experience:
The first part leads you through the Project Management Life Cycle using the context of the PMI Process Groups. It teaches project management the way it’s practiced, from start to finish. This methodology builds on your existing knowledge base to enable you to adopt the precise language and standardized terminology of PMI, and build real-world project management skills.
Preparing for the Exam:
The second part of the course examines the specific skills of project management through the lens of the Nine Knowledge Areas. Special importance is given to those concepts which historically have been emphasized by PMI, including memorization of guides and diagrams. Intense question review and focused memorization are an integral part of this section.
Putting it all Together:
The PMP Certification Exam Training Program is an intensive 35 hour program. Frequent practice exams, reviews and written exercises will enable you to master the test-taking skills needed for the PMP examination.
Passing the PMP Exam
The historical pass rate of students who have taken this class is 97%. We offer you the following guarantee*: If you do not pass, you may re-sit a PMP Certification Exam Training Program session within one year.
SecureNinja Training is the DC’s Area’s #1 Expert IT Training Center . We are conveniently located in beautiful Historic Old Town Alexandria, VA enhancing your training experience and featuring:
- Metro Accessibility - Short walk from Metro Blue/Yellow Line (leave the car behind)
- 4 minute drive to Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport
- Available Parking
- World class restaurants and shops at your footsteps
- Closest Expert IT & IT Security Training Center to Fort Belvoir, Boiling AFB, Fort Myer, Department of Homeland Security, US Department of Navy, US Coast Guard, Fort McNair, Washington Navy Yard and the Pentagon
Why Choose SecureNinja for your Washington DC Expert IT Training?
- Expert Instructors
- Highest Pass Rates
- Choose from Day, Evening & Weekend Classes to meet your busy schedule
- Accelerated Boot Camps Save You Time And Money
- Paid Internships & Job Referrals!
- Meet Your DoD 8570-1 Certification Needs. Get Compliant!
- SecureNinja is the ONLY Testing Center that offers ALL 5 industry standard test vendors in the DC / Baltimore Metropolitan Area. (Prometric, VUE, Kryterion-Online, Certiport and Impact-Testing)
- Lowest Prices! We are locally based keeping our overhead low so we can pass the savings along to you
- Washington, DC is our Home. Most training centers set up shop in hotels or rented centers. When you have a need, request or encounter a problem they are not there to answer. Our physical location in Alexandria is open 7 days a week and our staff always there to help.
PMP (Project Management Professional) Classes
|Jul 24, 2017||Jul 27, 2017||Mon-Thu||San Diego, CA|
|Aug 14, 2017||Aug 17, 2017||Mon-Thu||Alexandria, VA|
|Aug 14, 2017||Aug 17, 2017||Mon-Thu||Dulles, VA|
|Aug 21, 2017||Aug 24, 2017||Mon-Thu||Columbia, MD|
|Sep 02, 2017||Sep 23, 2017||4 Saturdays||Alexandria, VA|
|Sep 11, 2017||Sep 14, 2017||Mon-Thu||Alexandria, VA|
|Sep 11, 2017||Sep 14, 2017||Mon-Thu||Dulles, VA|
|Sep 18, 2017||Sep 21, 2017||Mon-Thu||San Diego, CA|
|Oct 16, 2017||Oct 19, 2017||Mon-Thu||Alexandria, VA|
|Oct 16, 2017||Oct 19, 2017||Mon-Thu||Dulles, VA|
|Nov 06, 2017||Nov 09, 2017||Mon-Thu||Columbia, MD|
|Nov 13, 2017||Nov 16, 2017||Mon-Thu||Dulles, VA|
|Nov 13, 2017||Nov 16, 2017||Mon-Thu||Alexandria, VA|
|Dec 04, 2017||Dec 07, 2017||Mon-Thu||Dulles, VA|
|Dec 04, 2017||Dec 07, 2017||Mon-Thu||Alexandria, VA|
|Dec 11, 2017||Dec 14, 2017||Mon-Thu||San Diego, CA|
Contact us for more information
Not able to attend public scheduled classes? No problem, let us come to you to train your staff on-site on PMP (Project Management Professional)